Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Frontend 6.0 App installation and connection to SAP Business Suite

printeroffice666
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I got recently the request that my HCM team want to access their bank details via Fiori app. Since we are still on ECC and not on HANA, I chose the Fiori Front end Server solution.

I installed the Fiori server and successfully set up the connection to the HCM system ( trusted connection, SSO, distribute the permission for the users, local aliases, etc.) 

The setup is the following:

FES

printeroffice666_0-1713515632474.pngprinteroffice666_1-1713515656660.png

Backendsystem (ABAP HCM)

Nothing special installed for the Fiori setup.

---------

Now comes the difficult part for me: I already can see the fiori app "bank details". When i click on the app, i get an error that an odata service is missing (/sap/opu/odata/sap/HCMFAB_COMMON_SRV/$metadata).

The odata service can not be found in /N/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.

When I have a look in the Fiori-App-Library, I can see as requirement that I need as product Version in the backend system SAP Fiori 2.0 for SAP ERP HCM + GBX01HR5 605 - SP 0024. ( Requirements for the Fiori Front end are met in my opinion)

printeroffice666_2-1713516298405.png

Our Solman (aggregate) also suggest to install the marked green components.

My questions are now:

1. Do I need to install SAP Fiori 2.0 for SAP ERP HCM + GBX01HR5 605 - SP 0024 on the HCM Backend server? When I do this, i wont have the necessary odata service at the FES, but i should activate this one. Does that even work?

printeroffice666_3-1713516511744.png

2. Could it be possible to install the GBX01HR5 605 component on the FES ( I mean, then i would also need the whole EA-HR packages...)

3. The GBX01HR5 software component is part of the SAP Fiori 2.0 for SAP ERP HCM product version - did I understand that correctly?

Sorry for the long text.

Regards

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)