cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Process Automation vs. SAP Workflow Management (BTP)

sergei-u-niq
Active Contributor

Could someone please clarify, what is the relationship between the two products? Rumors are that Process Automation is planned to make Workflow Management obsolete. Is this the case? Will WF be contained in PA? Is PA a different product that will make WF obsolete? Is PA something completely unrelated? Will the two products coexist and use each other?

(Didn’t have any experience with Process Automation yet, and maybe I just didn’t dig deep enough, but the only thing I see from the docs is that Process Automation is going to make business processes automatic in some way…, so I thought I’d ask the community)

Divya_Tiwari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Workflow management allows you to create workflows to support different business proccesses. In each step you define definite actions, contributors and conditional flow to support specific business needs. Here we also see a role of the new SAP Taskcenter which brings together tasks/to do items/workflow steps from multiple systems in one place.

Process Automation on the other hand brings a bigger tool set where you are coming with a goal to not only support existing processes but also working to automate manual tasks such as excel parsing/formatting etc with multiple trigger support.

With such varied reach I do not see either fading soon as both have different roles in BTP landscape.

I'd suggest reading more about their capabilities and also looking up open SAP courses to learn more about them.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JesseSukhbayar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Sergei,

Thanks for your question! SAP Process Automation indeed combines the capabilities of SAP Workflow Management and SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation in an easy-to-use, no-code AI-powered experience. To understand the relationship hands-on, I invite you to try out SAP Process Automation, which became available yesterday on the Free Tier... you can read this blog post by Sebastian for more information, in case you don't have an individual free tier account already yet.

Also, we have plenty of tutorials and videos on our community topic page, not to mention it is super easy to use! 😉

Best wishes,

Jesse from SAP Process Automation Team