Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SDI - Monitoring Log

kairi2210
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,
I am using zabbix to monitor our SDI Server. But we are unsure on which file log to be monitored. According to this note there are few log are available to monitor and troubleshoot
2461391 - Where to find Data Provisioning Agent Log Files - SAP for Me
And I believe this is the log that we have to monitor in order to check the health of our server

<DPAgent_root>/log/dpagent_service_eventlog_<date>.logData Provisioning Agent event log

But we are not sure about it because this file log is not output everyday.
(See attachment)
And also , when we check those files, it is only produce for certain days and the content of the logs are empty except for the first day. (See 2nd picture)

I could not find any information regarding to this log.
Is this the right log to be monitored?
Please help advice on which log is the one should be monitored.

Kairi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jmuiruri
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Greetings kairi2210,

The above logs are the correct logs, framework.trc and framework_alert.trc are the files that will contain most of the logs.

As you can see, the knowledge article states that you should use the framework.trc file to trace and debug Data Provisioning Agent issues. Therefore to understand the health of your agent this is the best file to monitor.

You can also ping the agent and from the command-line after some interval and pipe the output to a file which you can then configure Zabbix to monitor.

# PowerShell command to format the Agent status into a table

(((agentcli.bat --configAgent --function agentStatus).Split("`n")[4..12].Trim()  -replace "\s\s+","," ) -replace ","," " | foreach-Object{ [PSCustomObject]@{Key=$_.Split(":")[0]; Value=$_.Split(":")[1]}})

The logs themselves should be sufficient but you can use the SDI CLI tools to get creative in case you feel the logs are insufficient or that they do not meet your needs.

References

Best Regards

Joseph