Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule "Filling OLAP Cache" without Broadcaster

denizcetin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anyone have an idea how a customer can schedule the "Filling OLAP Cache" task as a background job without the Broadcaster? (Broadcaster cannot be used due to missing Java stack at the moment. Installing the Java stack would be the easisest I assume but this is not possible at the moment)

Thanks,

Deniz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

john_hawk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deniz,

Please remember that the OLAP Cache will will filled when ever you execute the query.

Consider RSRT to schedule your query to be execute daily.

See

Transaction RSRT: Query Monitor - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse - SCN Wiki

Generate Report and Generation Log

Do you have BusinessObjects?

Consider creating a Webi report with query as source and use the BOBJ scheduler.

Please don't forget to record your final solution and to mark the question as answered.

Good luck,

John Hawk

john_hawk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deniz,

Try using a process chain. I don't have access to a BW system currently, but I think there is a variant for filling the cache. I don't recall if it requires the java stack or not.

Please don't forget to record your final solution and to mark the question as answered.

Good luck,

John Hawk

denizcetin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

thanks for your feedback.

Via process chain would be the normal procedure, but for filling the cache the broadcasting functionality is required (according to the help). And due to missing java stack this is not possible at the moment. So I am searching for workarounds.

Thanks,

Deniz

former_member187007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deniz,

Please could you tell me if you found some workaround, I developed a Fiori app connected to BW queries, but I would like to fill the cache before users use the app, but in this case I don't find Fill Olap Cache distribution Type in my options so I suppose that my Bex Broadcaster version is 3.x.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards.

Jhon Jairo.

denizcetin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon,

no unfortunately not...

Regards,

Deniz

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never tested it, but I assume executing a query though an APD or even an ABAP should fill the cache.

Regards,

Frederic