cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service plan apiportal-apiaccess in the API Management, API Portal

michał_badura
Participant

Hi all, I'm trying to set up our API Portal. API Management, API Portal is subscribed for my subaccount and it's also entitled for API Management, API Portal with the service plans apim-as-route-service and on-premise-connectivity. No other service plans are available. In Trust Configuration I assigned all possible role collections to my user.

Now, according to step 9 of the setup documentation I should go to API Portal application. There I have to fill some data, among them Host Alias for Virtual Host. Since I don't know, where do I find this, I wanted to request a new, as documented. Two prerequisites are needed here, one of them is Creating a Service Key. Two further prerequisites are fullfiled (API Management, API Portal is subscribed, my user has the role Space Developer). But in step 4 of the documentation I should choose the service plan apiportal-apiaccess, which is not available for me.

What do I miss, what am I doing wrong?

I would very appreciate any hints and clues.

Best regards

Michał

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mariusobert
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Afaik know, you don't need to set up a service instance to get the API Portal running. The virtual host will be part of the URL of your APIs. If I recall correctly, you can enter an arbitrary string.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mariusobert
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Michał,

this is a very good question and I can understand your problem. The entitlements and service plans that you see are, as you already suspected, not the API Management subscription that you need. This service plan is useful if you use API Management on Neo and want to consume it from CF.

In Cloud Foundry, you can find API Management under "Subscriptions" ob the subaccount level. Unfortunately, this service is (as of today) not available on trial.

michał_badura
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You for Your answer, but I have a full account and I was able to subscribe to API Managemet, API Portal!

mariusobert
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didn't understand your question. Tbh, I'm still not sure what you are trying to do. The two SAP help links from your question don't really seem to be related to each other. What do you want to do?

michał_badura
Participant
0 Kudos

As I wrote in the initial question, I'm trying to set up API Portal in CF (non-trial) environment. To achieve this, I'm following the documentation linked in OP. There, in step 10, I have to enter Host Alias for Virtual Host. Where do I get this host alias from? The way to create a new virtual host is described in subchapter of the above documentation (btw. second link in OP). As prerequisite for creating a new virtual host I have to create a service key. The way to create a new service key is described in another documentation (which is linked in the above mentioned subchapter and as third link in OP). There, in step 4, I have to choose apiportal-apiaccess plan; but I don't have it in the dropdown selection, and I can't entitle my subaccount for this plan, since it's not visible in the Entitlements panel, as You can see in the above screenshot. What do I do, to get apiportal-apiaccess plan listed?

Or perhaps there is some other way, to get API Portal running?

(I don't understand, why You don't see any relation between those three help links - there is a clear way, how You come from the first, over the second, to the third, and all of them are part of the Initial Setup of SAP Cloud Platform API Management in the Cloud Foundry Environment.)

mariusobert
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Afaik know, you don't need to set up a service instance to get the API Portal running. The virtual host will be part of the URL of your APIs. If I recall correctly, you can enter an arbitrary string.

michał_badura
Participant

Thank You so much! Now it's running. If You put Your last comment as a new answer, I will accept it and close this thread.