Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sf.user.filter in SAP IPS

priyankgaddala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have requirement to sync specific users from SF to IAS and SAC. I am using parameter sf.user.filter and used below syntax. But I get error message that invalid filter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

active eq "true" and userName eq "ABC", userName eq "DEF"

Regards,

Priyank

istvanbokor
Advisor
Advisor

Hello,

Are you using SF API version 1 or version 2?

Best regards,
Istvan

priyankgaddala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Istvan,

We are using SF API version 2.0

Regards,

Priyank

SushantShinde
Advisor
Advisor

SF API Version 2 supports multiple users

you can use the below template to query multiple users:

active eq "true" and userName eq "user1@domain.com" or userName eq "user2@domain.com"......

Regards,

Sushant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

LinkinP
Explorer

Try this.. it will work

active eq "true" and (userName eq "sf_username1_placeholder" or userName eq "sf_username2_placeholder")
wilcoxt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Priyank,

I am assuming you are using the filter in IPS. Did you get an answer to your question? If not you may want to look at your syntax. I believe you should be using single quotes (') not double quotes ("). You also should remove the capitalization in username.

Cheers,

Todd

priyankgaddala
Explorer

Hi Todd,

I am using SCIM API which is latest version of API. I have raised an OSS message with SAP and received below response, it looks like we have to use OData version of API as new SCIM API have lot of limitations.

After working with IPS and SF PLT team members together, the key 'co' in filter means 'contains', since the key 'co' in filter does not support to add multiple values.

And also SCIM API does not support use 'or', 'in', thus SCIM API does not support filtering multiple users at the moment.

The SCIM API supports below filter operator:

eq The attribute and operator values must be identical for a match.
gt If the attribute value is greater than the operator value, there is a match. The actual comparison is dependent on the attribute type. For string attribute types, this is a lexicographical comparison, and for DateTime types, it is a chronological comparison. For integer attributes, it is a comparison by numeric value.
co The entire operator value must be a substring of the attribute value for a match.
sw The entire operator value must be a substring of the attribute value, starting at the beginning of the attribute value. This criterion is satisfied if the two strings are identical.
ew The entire operator value must be a substring of the attribute value, matching at the end of the attribute value. This criterion is satisfied if the two strings are identical.
and The filter is only a match if both expressions evaluate to true.

Here is the API Reference: https://api.sap.com/api/PLTScim/resource

Please note that SCIM API has many limitations compared to the Odata API, so we apologize for the inconvenience.

If this scenario is very urgent, SF recommends that you use the Odata API to filter multiple users.
More details for Odata API $filter please refer to: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_SUCCESSFACTORS_PLATFORM/d599f15995d348a1b45ba5603e2aba9b/ded5808b5edb4...

Regards,

Priyank

priyankgaddala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Istvan,

We are using SF API version 2.0

Regards,

Priyank