cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Workflow & Business Rules across subtenants?

zcfc
Explorer

To give some background, we have an invoicing solution that uses:

• SAP Portal
  • SAP Fiori HTML5 apps running on SAP Portal
  • SAP Cloud Workflow
  • Business Rules

Invoices go from our SAP System, creates a workflow instance in the cloud, the workflow processes these in the SAP system or via the Fiori app and uses some business rules for routing and some functionality.

Our issue is that we created our Subtenant in Frankfurt, and now we're getting more users in North America, our SAP System and SAP Cloud Connector is in NA, but our performance for the US Users is poor as they're connecting to a Frankfurt Portal and the whole thing is doing an intercontinental round trip.

Is there a way for you to share Workflow Instances, Business Rules from one subtenant to another? So I could make a Portal Site in US East?

Is there another way to handle this in general, as making another subtenant might not be the best solution.

Thank you for any advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

haraldschubert
    Advisor
    Advisor
    0 Kudos

Hi Zack,

You can only handle this at application design level at present. For example, you could look into introducing proxy workflows in your US data center which then relays approvals to the principal workflows in Frankfurt.

Cheers,

Harald

michael_sutter
    Explorer
    0 Kudos

Hi Zack,

maybe I misunderstood your question.My understanding was that the performance is poor due to the network calls from US to Europe. If that is the case the best solution is to have everything in the same data center.

Did I misunderstood you?

Kind regards,

Michael

michael_sutter
    Explorer
    0 Kudos

Hi Zack,

unfortunately there is currently no possibility to share or replicate the data. With your current setup the best way is to have your tenant also in the US. Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

Kind regards,

Michael

zcfc
    Explorer
    0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Is there is no way for a US Subtenant to access Workflow Instances in another subtenant?

Thanks,

Zack

michael_sutter
    Explorer
    0 Kudos

Hi Zack,

sorry for the late response. Do I understand your question correct that you want to create a portal site in US East, accessing data from a US based datacenter, which is shared/replicated from your account in Frankfurt?

Kind regards,

Michael

zcfc
    Explorer
    0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Ideally yes, anyway which we can improve performance for our US based users would be great.

Summary of our Current setup:

• SAP Servers in Chicago
    • Cloud Connector in Chicago
    • SAP BTB Subtenant in Frankfurt

Thanks,

Zack