cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show a row of subtotals for Currency Key field

PrathameshA
Participant

Hi,

I have a table widget used in SAC analytics application.

Currency Key column is needed to be placed on the left hand side of Amount in Transaction Currency column, as seen in the screen picture that is given below.

It is desired to show subtotals at the change of each Currency Key value.

Somehow features like Add Row, Add Calculation, Show Totals (on Currency Key dimension from builder panel) does not seem to work as desired in this case.

Appreciate your inputs please!

Note: HANA Live connection is leveraged to create the analytic data model for this application (if that matters).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

As you said, features like Add Row, Add Calculation, and Functions are not working, I would advise you to use the Grid Page if possible.

On the grid page, first, insert a table consisting of your desired fields, then filter it by the 'Currency Key' = 'CAD'. After filtering the table will only show the values for CAD. After that, use the SUM formula to find the subtotal for CAD.

For example, here I inserted a table on the grid page and used 'Product_Category' and 'Product' as the rows and Revenue as the Measure. I want to create sub-totals by the Product_Category. Therefore, I apply a Filter on the Product_Category by the value Mountain.

Here, we can see the table gets filtered by Product_Category 'Mountain', and then on the A6 cell, we can enter a text called 'Sub-Total' and on the C6 cell, we use the SUM formula, to find the value of the sub-total.

Again, after that, we insert another table and use the same model and fields on the table. After that, we filter the Product_Category by Mountain Bike and get something like this.

As we can see, the name of the model and the filters applied are visible on the Heading of the table, so we need to disable the Table Title, Subtitle, etc, from the Show/Hide options of the table, which will result in this.

But, to make all the tables look like they are a part of the same table, we need to make the name of the measure (Revenue) invisible, which can be done in the 'Styling' panel of the table.

We first need to select the row which contains Revenue, and then change the 'font color' to White or the background of the Table.

After that delete the above row of the Measure.

After, repeating this process with all the Tables, we get something like this.

If this answer helps you, please give it an upvote.

PrathameshA
Participant
0 Kudos
@lenard33_member838037 The idea of using the Grid page is good but the solution is workable only for a small set of data with limited Product Category (in your example). Thank you for looking into this !