cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subprocesses build process automation

Hey there,

is it possible to start a process in build process automation via a form as well as via an api trigger? For example with a subprocess? If I create a subprocess with form trigger but the main process is started with an api, I get an error message.

Many thanks already,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Remo and Julia,

As sub-process is meant to be called within a main-process, you cannot have a Form-as-trigger in the sub-process. You can have API-trigger or no-Trigger. I am successfully able to create a sub-process with API trigger or without any trigger and add it to the process without any design time issue. Please recheck your process design.

If you still encounter the problem, the please raise ticket on BPI-PA component

... Image 1 : Sub-process with API trigger

... Image 2 : Sub-process without any trigger

We do not show processes to be added as sub-process if they have Form trigger, but in your case you could have created the sub-process with empty or API trigger and later add a Form-as-Trigger and that is why main-process starts to show the error. See the image below where testProcess3 was a valid sub-process but later on it becomes invalid because I add a Form-as-trigger

joeremo
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Archana, for providing additional information, it was very helpful.

joeremo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again,

According to a blog post by Thomas Volmering, entitled, "Configuring Subprocesses in SAP Build Process Automation":

Subprocesses in an embedded configuration like the ones we are using "...only need to define the Input/Output... No trigger is needed..."

But as I mentioned prior, I am also experiencing a problem without a trigger in a subprocess. The problem of nothing is displayed, not even the Submit button, and it looks like it is stuck in the middle of processing my form.

Regards, Joe Remo

mahesh_sap
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Looks like a bug, we have to wait and see when the product team can fix this.

joeremo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

I am able to produce an error stating "Subprocesses can't have triggers", please see attached screenshot. I am using a main process with an API Trigger immediately followed by a subprocess with a Form Trigger. I produced this error today or 4 days after you first reported your problem, so we may not have the same error message, but the general problem still exists.

For Julia and Mahesh and everyone else: I also experienced a problem with a subprocess without a trigger but during execution. No error messages, and I am able to Release and Deploy, but during execution, my form in my subprocess does not display anything, not even the Submit button. It looks like it is stuck in the middle of processing my form in my subprocess.

Regards,

Joe Remo

0 Kudos

Hey Mahesh,

thanks for your answer. I tried it with process 3 (without trigger) and now I get the following message when trying to add the form subprocess:

subprocesses containing form triggers are currently not supported

Kind regards,

Julia

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This error says that your subprocess contains the form (as a trigger). The parent 2 processes, as mentioned in my original answer should have the triggers, and the subprocess shouldn't have any triggers. Can you verify it once?

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

If you do like the below, it should work.

Process 1 (will be API trigger based) and Process 2 (will be Form based trigger)

Now don't mention any trigger type in Process 3 ( No trigger), and call this as a subprocess from Process 1 and Process2.

To better understand your issue, could you share the screenshot of the error and additional details of your setup?

Cheers!
Mahesh