cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscribe/Webhook S4Hana Public Cloud to its own events. Is that possible?

LaurensSteffers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

this is the case. We have a specific change on an object (not a bopf object so no option to catch the events on-stack) and we send the events to the event mesh. All is fine. It looks like this:

lsteffers_0-1710439411909.png

The events are received in the Event mesh instance triggered by the creation of the Cloud Extensibility Service. 

We also created a second instance which subscribes to the initial generated event mesh instance. This instance has a different namespace and is subscribed to the topics. I adjusted the Service Descriptor to accept queues/topics from different namespace.

The thing is: I want to subscribe my S4HPC instance to one of the queues which is available, but everytime I want to subscribe, the namespace needs to be the same as the initial eventmesh instance setup by the cloud extensibility service. The problem is that I can't create a queue on that initial instance because the topics are not conform the rules (which I can't change because it is generated by the cloud extensibility service). Still with me? 🙂

So what I want is: Trigger an event from s4hpc and receive it in eventmesh. The subscribed eventmesh should be able to push the message to the s4hpc system using a webhook. Or.... s4hpc needs to be able to subscribe to the queue and receive the events (which I can tackle using Event consumption model class in abap).

The questions:

1. is it even possible to receive events from event mesh IN s4h public cloud?
  2. If we would go for a webhook, what would the address be of the public cloud tenant?
  3. I can reroute the event mesh to CPI and trigger an API on the s4hpc side, but I really would like to use the event consumption model idea.

I hope you can help. I know the tutorials of S4 to Eventmesh to build or whatever, but it really is about the way back to S4HPC.

Kind regards and all the best

Laurens

Cloud extensibility generated instance

lsteffers_1-1710440113656.png

my own subscriber instance

lsteffers_2-1710440191178.png

The subscription attempt in my communication scenario:

lsteffers_3-1710440307146.png

The cloud extensibility generated one can't actually have a queue with the two events being received in the queue. It is only a distributer. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

LaurensSteffers
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, in the end I found the answer. You just need to look differently. I used this tutorial:

https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-environment-event-enablement-consumption.html#top&idsSpNam...

Where the suggested abap btp environment is my....you got it...s4hPublic cloud.

Really nice!