Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TreeView Table oData v4 doesn't display as a Tree, when viewed through a facet

Francesca
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I have created a tree view following the steps described in the following documentation: https://help.sap.com/docs/abap-cloud/abap-rap/implementing-hierarchical-view   and I'm displaying it in a facet on the object page, through an association.

Francesca_0-1708525894126.png

When directly previewing the entity set of the tree in the service binding, it displays as a tree structure.
However, when previewing the main entity set of the application, which displays the treeview through the facet, the table is no longer structured as a tree.

Any clue why the view behaves differently?

JessieCheah
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Francesca, can you please show how you define the hierarchy?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Francesca
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jessie, sure thing.

Not sure if it's important, but one thing that's different from the example given in the documentation is that my source view is a select from an union of two views instead of a table directly.

2024-02-28_15h15_38.png

JessieCheah
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Francesca,
sorry for the delay in replying. 

If you are implementing the treeview based on the documentation you posted, this only works for displaying the tree view in a List Report. This means the CDS view of the treeview is the entry point of your service.

To display Treeview in an object page, I'm still checking internally and will update here again when I get more information.

Regards,
Jessie

Francesca
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Jessie, no worries. Thank you for the update!