Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ui5 Error _getAriaLabelledBy is not a function - Dev Space Error

leonikussmaul
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am experiencing a strange error when trying to run my CAP UI5 app, which was working just fine a couple of hours ago and still is for my team, we are all using the same repository and run configurations. I have pulled all changes and am experiencing this error regardless of branch.

Specifically, I am getting the below console error and the UI does not render - no other significant errors. I can run other apps from other Dev Spaces in the same BAS, so can I conclude that this is an issue with my Dev space?

Btw, running on latest Ui5 version, 1.113.0.

I am trying to set up a new dev space now but it would be good to know the root cause and if this is a known issue.

Thanks a lot.

leonikussmaul
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Update: I have now created a new dev space, cloned everything etc.. and I am still facing the same issue. If anyone has any further suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

leonikussmaul
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Solved by changing the version in the run configuration from the 'latest' as the default in the launch.json file to;

"{\"version\":\"1.96.17\"}"

Not sure why this suddenly occurred but for now we will avoid running the app with the latest version.

Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be very frustrating for new developers in BAS when using the launch.json or "Run and Debug" function, because in launch.json again own configurations are hidden.

I would recommend launching the application via the console and npm scripts. Then such errors could not occur at all.

gregorw We have discussed this problem just recently 🙂

leonikussmaul
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marian,

Thanks for your comment.

npm run start was not suitable for this case, as we need to run the server and the UI separately for authentication. npm run start is running the server but it is not loading the environment variables required for the uaa service, which we needed to define in separate env files with separate configurations. Hope this makes sense 🙂

Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi leonikussmaul

that makes sense yeah.
Just out of interest, can you share the launch.json and package.json. I would be interested to see what it looks like.Just rename the secret things.
Thanks

Answers (0)