cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI5, problem when using ObjectPage in a UIComponent

former_member610335
Participant

Hello everybody,

I have a problem putting an ObjectPage into a UIComponent. The ObjectPage is no longer scrollable and the height goes towards infinity.

This problem does not only occur with an ObjectPage, other elements that provide scrollable content are also afflicted with the same problem.

Is there a solution or workaround for this problem? Or have I missed something in the documentation?

Here the link to the example project: https://a-kuller.github.io/ui5-error-objectPage/

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry for the classification, the topic fits almost every category.

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have an answer right now,

But, Wow, you have documented the question very clearly via the github 🙂

former_member610335
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, I know the feeling even when someone describes mistakes and you can't do anything with them yourself.

So there is an example at hand to demonstrate it and hopefully help can be given faster.

It is not the most beautiful example, just quickly put together, but it shows what it is all about.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member610335
Participant

Link to openUI5 Issue (Github)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MioYasutake
Active Contributor

Hi akuza,

I had the same issue: UI Component inside an Object Page is not scrollable.

My workaround was to wrap the content inside the UI Component with a scrollable container, say, sap.m.Page.

This is not the best way, because there will be two scroll bars inside a screen.

I'm interested in this thread and hoping that someone can provide a better solution.

Regards,

Mio

former_member610335
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mio,

Yes, I think the reason is the UIComponent.

A scroll container or another page does not speak for the guidelines issued by SAP. Also it does not look nice and can lead to confusion.