Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create XS app via HANA trial account

knittedman007
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi

I have been following the tutorial steps to create a HANA XS app and have hit a problem when I try and Activate my first XS App.  In Eclipse I get an error:

Internal error.

Repository request failed; cause: Repository: User is not authorized to execute specified operation;User 'DEV_5FXLVER85OQG4JHKVPZPPOQOR' has no authorization, privilege: 'REPO.READ', package: 'test'!, code: 40,156, argument:

Repository request failed; cause: Repository: User is not authorized to execute specified operation;User 'DEV_5FXLVER85OQG4JHKVPZPPOQOR' has no authorization, privilege: 'REPO.READ', package: 'test'!, code: 40,156, argument:

I can successfully connect to my HANA instance from Eclipse (although I did have a problem at one point - see this discussion )

But after creating the repository workspace and then adding all the .xsaccess files etc., when I finally Activate the project, I end up with the above error.  In eclipse I see this in my Project Explorer:

So it looks OK.  But it's when I try and activate I get the issue.  I assume this might be related to the permissions of my user in the trial HANA account?  If I go to the HANA cockpit, it all looks OK - but I am not sure if I see all I need to be sure the user/account is set up correctly:

In Eclipse I think the connection is OK:

Any clues as to how to fix this?

thanks

chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Chris, have you followed exactly as described step 3 from this blog post?

knittedman007
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi

I think so yes - I was actually following the tutorial guide here:

https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?3762b229a4074fc59ac6a9ee7404f8c9.html

which is the same as far as I can tell.

I have successfully created the HANA instance, I can set up Eclipse to point at the system; I created the repository fine; I created (locally in Eclipse) all the files (.xsaccess etc.) - it's the Activate step that causes the trouble.  I guess this step tries to push everything up into HANA and create the HANA repo files - that presumably is where I get the errors.

I even deleted everything and started again - but got the same error.

One thing I have noticed - no idea if this is relevant or not - but this is the screen shot of my eclipse view showing the system I am connected to:

The blog post has a similar screen shot - but there you have ONE DEV_* folder, and ONE NEO_* folder.  In the blog post, the DEV_ entry matches the identifier in brackets against the system (JN4).

Is it possible that (somehow) I have a 'corrupted' instance - hence the two entries for each of these types?  Might be totally irrelevant ...

The issue seems like some sort of config/set up issue for my account.

- chris

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

As far as I can see from the screenshots you have shared your XS Project against wrong package - 'test'.

You have REPO privileges only for your dev package, which you can get (together with your NEO_ schema) from this query:

select * from "HCP"."HCP_DEV_METADATA"

We will clear up the redundant DEV_ and NEO_ schemas soon - they are visible because someone has granted privileges to PUBLIC role.

Best Regards

Jordan

0 Kudos

BTW the package privileges are granted to you via a role, that's why you cannot see them in user details screens in HANA Studio

knittedman007
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi

I found out what I was doing wrong.

It's in the XS project creation step.  I was creating a new project, and in the location I was entering

<workspace root>/myhanainstance/<project name>

BUT instead I should enter

<workspace root>/myhanainstance/<account name>/<instance name>/<project name>

e.g.

/Users/xyzuser/HANAXSWorkspace/myhanainstance/xyztrial/myhanainstance/test

Then it all works.  I tried this a few times to make sure I was not missing something, but if I do the above then it works OK.

I think what confused me was the documentation :

==========================================================

4. Create a Repository Workspace

Procedure

1. In the SAP HANA Repositories view, choose the Create Repository Workspace button.
  2. If your SAP HANA system is not listed in the SAP HANA System list, choose the Add System button and add it to the list. If you have more than one SAP HANA system, make sure that the applicable system is selected under SAP HANA System.
  3. Enter the workspace name myhanaxs. In this example, the workspace name is the same as the root package name.
  4. In the Workspace Root field, browse to select the folder that will contain the workspace you create in this step. The tutorial uses C:\HANAXSws.
  5. Choose Finish.The workspace appears in the SAP HANA Repositories view. A folder has also been added to your local file system: C:\HANAXSws\myhanaxs. It will contain all your development files.

5. Create an XS Project

Procedure

1. In the Project Explorer view, choose Start of the navigation path File Next navigation step New Next navigation step Project Next navigation step SAP HANA Next navigation step Application Development Next navigation step XS Project End of the navigation path and then choose Next.
  2. Enter the project name. In this example, it is called hello.
  3. Deselect the Use default location checkbox.
  4. Browse to select the path C:\HANAXSws\myhanaxs\i12345trial\myhanaxs\hello.Note that this path must match that specified in the previous section.
  5. Open the context menu of the hello folder and choose Start of the navigation path Team Next navigation step Share Project End of the navigation path.
  6. Choose SAP HANA Repository and under Repository Workspaces select the repository workspace you created in section 4 above.
  7. Choose Finish.

==========================================================

Step 4 in section 5 (Create an XS project) says to browse to the specified location (C:\HANAXSws\myhanaxs\i12345trial\myhanaxs\hello) and does warn about this matching the path in the previous section.  But the previous section had created a workspace at C:\HANAXSws\myhanaxs - which did not include the extra path components, and the full path AT THIS TIME does not exist - so you need to browse to a non existent location, which seemed odd - I assumed that this was a mistake, and just added the project name to the root workspace location, and left out the <account name>/<instance name> pieces.

It seems that if the path is not exactly matching (as warned!) things don't work.

Anyway, I have it working now.

- chris

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback, Chris. I'll ask the documentation colleagues to look at how it could be improved.

Guess you can close this thread now (as well as the other one from last week)? (see )

Cheers,

--Vlado

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

knittedman007
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

A little more info - not at all sure it is helpful.  If I right click on the System in Eclipse I get this window:

If I click OK I get nothing:

Is this a known problem?  Is it fixable?  Not sure at all if it is related to the other issue.

I also checked out the System instance from Eclipse and found I could check out the 'user' I seem to be connected as (DEV_5F...):

Under package privileges there is nothing - and I cannot add anything there (if I try I get an error 'Grantor and Grantee are identical).

thanks

chris