Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating UI5 resource version on HANA DB

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Searched for answers to what must be a common question, but never found a definitive, concise answer.

I have a HANA db on revision 97.  When running a UI5 application bootstrapped to, and served from the HANA XS, I check the SAPUI5 component version in 1 of two ways:

• Ctrl-shift-alt-p in the browser window
  • In Chrome console, typing sap.ui.version

The UI5 component version that comes with our HANA db 97 revision is 1.24.5.  I would like to update this to 1.28.11 to access some new control features.

Are all UI5 controls backwards compatible, so that for example XS applications like lifecycle manage and xs admin are not at risk of impact by the UI upgrade?

Would the following process be correct to update UI5 controls Former Member ?

• Download latest UI controls from smp - SAPUI5_1 ?
  • Import the tgz file delivery unit via HANA Studio or lifecycle manager.
  • Confirm installed UI5 component version

I imagine it is not unknown for HANA customers to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SAP validates that our delivered applications run with the version of SAPUI5 which is delivered with HANA.  We update the UI5 version generally only with the SPS releases because a change in the version requires re-validation of all standard applications. So the rule is if you want a newer version of UI5, you should update to the latest SPS of HANA.

That said, it would be possible to install a newer version of UI5 in a separate package structure (not sap.ui5.1). This way the standard applications run against the standard version of UI5 for your revision and your custom applications could be pointed to a different version. However you would then take responsibility to always manually update this other version of SAPUI5. No revision or SPS update would ever touch it.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for outlining the UI5 validation process with db revision.

Thanks also for the solution proposal with bootstrapping to additional UI5 package, will take into consideration, appreciated.

former_member479375
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I don't think this is possible because SAP doesn't make a standalone static version of SAPUI5 available to customers.

kishore_kumar59
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

currently we are in SAPUI5_1  1.22.3  version on  HANA DB 8.2 rel, when i upgrade the HANA DB to 102.03 I see the version is updated to SAPUI5_1 1.28.15, now the we need to to upgrade SAPUI5_1 version  to 1.32.10, is it possible.

I did go through the notes, but i didn't help on how to download and  update to  SAPUI5_1 version 1.32.10

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2244567

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2270937

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2249111

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2118663

when i try to download the dump file from sap service marketplace 

Support Packages and Patches - U" SAPUI5 CLIENT RUNTIME" SAPUI5 CLIENT RUNTIME 1.00

There are files like UI5CLIENT32P_9-80000549.ZIP Version 1.32.9 not sure if this is SAPUI5_1 and i am not able to import this from HLM or HALM

and when i go to the following path

Support Packages and Patches - H" SAP HANA PLATFORM EDITION" SAP HANA PLATFORM EDIT. 1.0" Entry by Component" HANA studio SAPUI5 Plug-in

I see files like UI5TOOL15_0-10011992.ZIP (UI Development Toolkit for HTML5 Eclipse Tools 1.28.28)

This is HANA Live environment.

could you recommend on what is the process to upgrade SAPUI5_1 component on HANA Live environment

your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kishore

former_member479375
Discoverer
0 Kudos

According to SAP support, the only way to update SAPUI5 on HANA DB is to update to the DB to a new revision level. Even with the latest revision number (1.00.110.00) you would only get SAPUI5 1.28.15.

SAP doesn't seem to provide a static/standalone version of SAPUI5 either.

So there is no way to get SAPUI5 version 1.32 on HANA server as of now.

kishore_kumar59
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj for your timely response, appreciate that.

former_member194780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Could you please give your thoughts on why the SAPUI5 version is not upgraded to the latest even if my HANA DB is on SPS 11..

I still see version 1.24.4 in my sap ui5 version info..

-Avinash

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Did you clear your browser cache?   Have you looked at the files directly in the repository via Studio or Web-workbench to verify the version or just running one of the pages?

former_member194780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for the reply.

I did clear the browser cache and check the repository files.

For eg. the library.js comment snippet shows this

/**

* Initialization Code and shared classes of library sap.ui.core (1.24.4)

*/

* @version 1.24.4

-Avinash

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Offhand I'm pretty sure that the SPS 11 version should be 1.28.x.  Perhaps the DU failed during import at the time of the upgrade.  You could ask the system admin to re-import the UI5 DU from the auto_content directory on the server. That file should have been updated automatically during the upgrade. Otherwise I'd suggest you open a support ticket.

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

we are behind a firewall and we are building our apps with almost the latest libraries by SAPUI5 (>1.32)

Now it would be much more easier for us, if we could store additionally newer libraries on our on-premise hana.

Did I understand you right, that this is almost possible?

"That said, it would be possible to install a newer version of UI5 in a separate package structure (not sap.ui5.1)."

(We are on SPS11, SAPUI5 1.28)

BR,

Dirk

(Thanks for the nice new OpenSAP SPS11 Videos!!!)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

yoppie_ariesthio
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When i use the newer version 1.34, The Object Page Layout Button with icon sticks to the text.

It's become ugly...

Thank you...

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the sapui5 controls could be updated (granted you have admin access) and you could update them from HANA studio on the Help menu - install new updates -- then provide the file or url where you want to download from.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio, the process you describe updates the installed HANA Studio, like SAPUI5 plugins, not the backend HANA DB.