Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a managed Hana Cloud, Data Lake on a UI5 application

dontobi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I currently have a UI5 application within CAP that is deployed on the BTP and connected to a HANA cloud instance.
In addition to the current data I store, I also want to store BLOB data in my database and want to use a data lake for it.

I have created a managed data lake for my current SAP HANA Database and now as far as my understanding goes I would need to create a virtual table on my schema which then also creates the table in my datalake.

My questions would be: Is that all it needs so that BLOBs are now stored in my data lake?
Do I need to adjust my schema in CAP since the table in which my files are stored is now virtual?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Once you have the virtual table defined in the HANA database and connected to the corresponding physical table in HDLRE, then from a SQL context you can interact with that virtual table as if it was a physical table. For example an INSERT against the virtual table will pass through the INSERT to HDLRE and execute it against the physical table in HDLRE.

Since CAP works against HDI schemas, the additional step you will need to take is to create the .hdbsynonym to expose the HANA virtual table to the HDI container.