Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SAP SaaS Provisioning Service

Zafer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are planning to develop a SaaS app on BTP. We are thinking of developing different multi-microservices in different projects. If we deploy to the first service with mta.yaml file, which contains SaaS provisioning services, How do we bind other projects with that SaaS service?

We are checking btp-cf-cap-multitenant-susaas sample on GitHub. It contains only one cap app with one SaaS service. How do we combine a multi-cab app with a single SaaS service?

Best Regards,

Zafer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martinfrick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi zafer.kuru2,

thanks for your enquiry and for mentioning our repository along the lines 🙂 As discussed with my colleague alperdedeoglu (and I am pretty sure he will add a lot of additional input to this thread), it sounds like you are looking for the Service Broker feature (check out this blog post by dj.adams.sap).

A service broker will allow you to issue new credentials (client credentials, x.509) for accessing a dedicated service offering, which allows a corresponding "binding" to consuming applications as you are used to from SAP's service offerings.

In a multitenant context, the Service Broker concept (or specifically the SaaS-Registry) is unfortunately not offering the service-plan "service" for customer or partner scenarios (for good reasons probably). This service-plan, would allow you to return your own service as a SaaS dependency, allowing an end-to-end integration.

While there is a more or less "hacky" workaround for these scenarios (using destinations and manual service-broker registrations in the tenant subaccounts), I would kindly ask you, to create a respective incident or or SAP Influence request if this requirement is essential to you! Besides that, I can highly recommend to check out our latest SAP-samples repository on building reuse-services, which might help you in building your own service broker!

https://github.com/SAP-samples/btp-cf-cap-reuse-service

We will upgrade the repository in the near future, to give a more advanced description of the three scenarios. Stay tuned!

Best greetings

Martin

alperdedeoglu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Great summary, thanks Martin!

martinstenzig
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did anybody create an influence request yet?

martinfrick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi martin.stenzig3,

as far as I am aware of, there is no influence request for the enablement of this feature yet. I might be wrong, but my honest feeling is, that most customers and partners are not working on such advanced scenarios yet!

Best Regards,

Martin