cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Buckets, Categories or dimension grouped measures - Best Practice needed!

0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I'm looking for some best practice again.

I'm using a SAP Analytics Cloud Story with a live data connection to a S/4 Hana System with a datamodel based on ABAP CDS Views.

I have created the following visualization until now:

This is the grouping of payment transaction files into corresponding sales groupings. Unfortunately, the order of the groups is not sorted (I would also have a workaround for this). I wanted to ask you if my approach is the best one.

In order to assign the amounts (VolumeConfirmed) of the payment file to the corresponding group, I created a dimension called VolumeRange. The assignment is done in the data model by a case statement.

As Measure I have simply the count of the payment files. In SAC, the definition of my visualization shown above looks like this:

Can this be easier? Unfortunately the different ranges in the data model are not dynamic with this solution. Is there a function in SAC with which you can create this kind of visualization? Also with dynamic division of the different groups?

Thank you very much,

best regards,

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

I assume that you are referring to the HANA model when you say that you added the formula to the model.

For sure that is one option.

In SAC you could also create a calculated dimension and then use the option to create a measure based dimension. It might seem "easier" but keep in mind that then the definition is part of the story, so in case you need it in a second story, you then have to create it again.

When you referring to it being "dynamic" - do you mean that all ranges become dynamic ?

thanks

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

Thank you very much for your reply.

1. Your tip with the calculated dimension only works with acquired data in the cloud, right? I have (unfortunately) a live data connection and in my opinion this possibility does not exist.

2. dynamic areas - maybe I was a bit hasty here. I have thought of the fact that the ranges can be developed possibly from the data, but honestly said, this is a little too much demanded and not thougt up to the end. Sorry.

Thank you very much!

Regards Thorsten