cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the successor off Data Intelligence for Data Integration ?

Cocquerel
Active Contributor

As you know, It has been officially announced in January that SAP Data Intelligence will be retired by June 30.

retired.jpg

In the following blog from Mars 2023, it was said that Datasphere will cover most of Data Intelligence capabilities in the coming quaters and SAP will provide tools to assist in the migration. As of today, Datasphere is still far from Data Intelligence regarding its capacity to transform data within a pipeline. And, concerning migration tool, there is still nothing if I'm not wrong.
Checking the last version of  "SAP Integration Solution Advisory Methodology" , it is still promoting Data intelligence as the general recommandation for hybrid data integration use case.
reco.jpg

The same document is also explaining that, even if Integration Suite has similar data transformation capability, the recommendation is to use it for process integration use cases and not data integration.

integration.jpg

Also, I was very surprised to see appearing the following mission Extract your Ariba Spend Data to Datasphere using SAP Integration Suite  where it is promoted the usage of Integration Suite to replicate data into Datasphere.

ariba.jpg

It would great if SAP could clarify its strategy regarding data integration. Can we expect Datasphere to have the same level of data transformation capabilities is near future ? Or, does Integration Suite is now in the strategic solution for high transformation logic what ever it is for process or data integration use cases ? And last question, when SAP is planning to deliver tools to support the migration from Data Intelligence ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor

Hi @Cocquerel,

It's good to see somebody has written about  SAP Data Intelligence's retirement! I have been recently checking and looking around the same topic and even planning to write a blog post. You have done it, thanks! 

The exact questions and concerns we had in the last couple of months! Even as you mentioned about the mission Extract your Ariba Spend Data to Datasphere using SAP Integration Suite  I've completed and published a blog post about it: Extracted SAP Ariba Analytical Reporting API Data Using SAP Integration Suite and Imported into SAP ...

Though as you mentioned and as it's in SAP Integration Solution Advisory Methodology that SAP Integration Suite is for Process Integration (A2A Application to Application, B2B Business to Business) not for Data Integration! Process Integration vs Data Integration might be good movie name like Kramer vs Kramer😉

TuncayKaraca_0-1707499380288.png

And SAP Data Intelligence as SAP has stated will be removed on June 30, 2024. So what would we do then? Hmm, yes again as SAP indicated in SAP Datasphere FAQs:

SAP Data Intelligence Cloud continues as its own solution. We plan to have SAP Datasphere and SAP Data Intelligence Cloud co-exist until SAP Datasphere supports all SAP Data Intelligence Cloud customer use cases. We intend for SAP Datasphere to eventually cover all the major capabilities, target systems, and use cases that SAP Data Intelligence Cloud provides. We plan to also provide tools to facilitate the technical transition.  

TuncayKaraca_0-1707497495045.png

So there are plans and intentions! Since SAP Data Intelligence will be retired on June 30, 2024. Then can we expect as planned and intended SAP Datasphere cover all the major capabilities, target systems, and use cases that SAP Data Intelligence Cloud provides?  

Even though SAP has done a lot on SAP Datasphere  so far  I don't expect that can happen soon! 😕 Usually you may be told that check SAP Datasphere's Road Map, let's check SAP Datasphere Road Map and I don't see much for many SAP Data Intelligence capabilities. Probably SAP Data Intelligence will be removed and SAP will continue support it in the next couple years! 

Data Integration capabilities in the Road MapTuncayKaraca_1-1707498960813.png

Let's come to the "provide tools to facilitate the technical transition" and I think we should not expect a magic tool easy lift and shift!  There will be always some works need to be done, always! 😐 I hope it would be a smooth lift and shift! 

Okay they will co-exist until  Until, when! Not in the roadmap, or not easy to understand if it's in the roadmap! Many questions to answer! 

Regards,
Tuncay

Cocquerel
Active Contributor
Happy to see I'm not alone to judge the SAP strategy a bit blurry on the subject.
David_Quirk
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

For the latest guidance on SAP Data Intelligence, please review this blog: https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-sap/sap-datasphere-and-sap-data-intelligence-cloud-...

Cocquerel
Active Contributor

Sorry but it does not answer to my questions:

When Datasphere will be able to manage data transformation using whatever python or Node.js libraries like in Data Intelligence ?
When SAP will provide tools to migrate Data Intelligence pipelines to Datasphere ?

Customers need those information to plan migration activities accordingly.