Vilnius Blog Posts
Join us for an engaging discussion panel on SAP related topics that interest you. Let's have a fruitful conversation together with Vilnius SAP Community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seVladimirs
Active Contributor

A few people from the SAP Latvia Community decided to attend two amazing events in Lithuania: SAP CodeJam and SAP Inside Track.

This blog post is just my personal story about the experience. I started my trip by getting a train to Riga city center to meet my beloved colleagues - @gintsL , @BaibaBlum , and Oleksandr.

IMG_2230.jpg

@gintsL was our designated driver, and we started our journey to Vilnius. For those who don't know, it is around 330 km from Riga to Vilnius.

IMG_2238.jpg

There is a beautiful small town next to the Lithuanian border — Bauksa — so we decided to have a nice dinner there to continue our trip. The food was very nice!

IMG_2242.jpg

Late in the evening, we managed to get to our hotel and went to sleep. On Friday, the next day, the weather was lovely. We had breakfast and headed to the EPAM office to attend SAP CodeJam on ML and HANA, led by @Vitaliy-R. Those who know Witalij know that his presentation style is fantastic. He explains complex stuff as simply as possible. We had nice talks and discussions around GenAI and ChatGTP and explored SAP HANA ML capabilities. 

IMG_2259.jpg

1589b756-45f5-4141-87b3-742e23515ae1.JPG

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

2334DSC_9673.jpg

2332DSC_9634.jpg

In the evening, we had a nice dinner and discussed the upcoming SAP Inside Track, which will happen the next day. After having a nice meal and drinks - we had to explore the old town and visit a few lovely places as per the Untappd app 😉

On Saturday, we had breakfast and went to Accenture Vilnius for SAP Inside Track.

The agenda was packed, and many people from different companies and places attended. Also, I've seen quite a lot of people from Latvia, too!

IMG_2292.jpg

@justbraz opened the Inside Track with his speech about this event being the first. We thanked our sponsors—SAP, EPAM, Accenture, and SAP Press—and then the event started.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-01 at 07.51.46.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-01 at 09.01.06-2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-01 at 07.51.51.jpeg

I enjoyed that the topics differed, from AI to SOLID principles and ABAP Code. As cheery on the top - we had a nice quiz, and the lucky winner got presents from our sponsors.

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2341.JPG

And, of course, we took a few nice joint pictures with all the participants and pictures with colleagues whom I also met for the first time in my life (as we are all working remotely).

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-01 at 07.58.31.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-01 at 07.51.50.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-01 at 07.58.28.jpeg

It's nice to see how the small seed of starting SAP CodeJam in Riga back in 2015 grew first to SAP Inside Track Riga and now Vilnius. Someone made a valid point that we need to do the same in Tallinn to unite the SAP community within the Baltic. 🇱🇻 ❤️ 🇱🇹 💛 🇪🇪

After the event, we hit the road back to Riga. It was rather quiet in the car as everyone was super tired after such a productive day!

Those who would like to have a similar experience as I did going from Riga to Vilnius, you have an opportunity to do a Vilnius to Riga trip as we are having our very first SAP Meetup with two topics (TBD) on May 30th. RSVP here - https://community.sap.com/t5/riga-events/sap-community-meetup-riga/ev-p/13680596 

You will receive a link to the photos very soon. We will send a link via email to all of you.

As for now - thanks, everyone, for coming. Without you, it would not be possible! 

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-01 at 09.01.06.jpeg

1 Comment
Labels in this area
Top kudoed authors