Welcome Corner Blog Posts
Go a little bit deeper into the Welcome Corner with blog posts. Learn how to get started in SAP Community and get tips on maximizing your participation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dsk
Active Contributor
I was excited to see a sustainability summit invite on the mail box and when i saw the location was Bangalore i immediately enrolled.

There was even call made to many to check on the participations. Even before i reached i got a call from my ex colleague if i am attending the event as he was able to see my summit ID card not yet collected.

The Stage was so simple and elegant with the sustainability theme

The key note was opened by sindhu.gangadharan  on the Sustainability and there were so much relevance with the SAP Labs with pointers on how in 2024 it will be sustainable on NetZero.

It was very evident as i still remember that during the SAP community days( 2013) which usually happens only once a year at the SAP Labs i used to see the charging points for the so called Battery car ( REVA) of those days and now they are called as EV-Vehicles. She set up the stage with days agenda and also on many pointers of how SAP as product is collaborating and innovating to help business to manage their sustainability Goals.

The next session was on a customer conversation with Mr.SAtish panchapakesan ,Sr.Vice President and CIO of Arvind Fashions Ltd. This started with the discussion of small glimpse of Bhutan which is now the only carbon neutral country in the world. The discussion went  on the below pointers

• Getting Demand Right

• Importance of Segmentation

• Global View of Inventory

• Tracability

• Fashion for Good

• Product Prominence

It was great to hear about the Project that you have worked. Yes as coincidence i was part of the project on the Arvind Textiles  Implementation and Managed the Application support on the garments.

At the end he also release the SAP coffee table book on the Sustainability.

The next session was by Mr.Shyam Sunder a serial entrepreneur and venture builder who heads the Enviu India.

Once again this topic was on the circular business models in the textiles. This was one of the key reason that i attended this summit .

He provided more values on the textile wastes and the challenges in the collection and segregation.  He was the most wanted person all along the event as many wanted to understand way to contribute and collaborate.

We also had a virtual executive key note  message from Daniel Schmid the Chief Sustainability officer for SAP.

This was followed a Panel discussion on the Future of e-Mobility : The end to end ecosystem view.

And the next panel discussion was on the Evolving landscape of Governance in sustainability

Apart from the learnings and insights from the speakers had opportunity to meet up some of the colleagues  who are already working on this space and people interested to learn on this topic.

As i have to leave after the 1st half i did not write but surely there was an interesting discussion with the Pond man of India Mr. Anand Malligawad.

It was a well spent day with lot of learnings and actionable points.