Welcome Corner Blog Posts
Go a little bit deeper into the Welcome Corner with blog posts. Learn how to get started in SAP Community and get tips on maximizing your participation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylvana_chang
Participant

Members of SAP Community Network rely on it to build their reputations as SAP experts, allowing them to share and give back to the community, and/or build relationships with potential clients if that is their goal. Hear what excites them about BUILDING REPUTATIONS on SCN:.

"Being active in SCN & other social media sites provides not just visibility but helps improve one's knowledge significantly."

- Bala Prabahar, Independent Consultant

"I’m asked for an opinion on consultant we’re considering hiring. The first thing I do: check out his #SCNcontributions."

- Thorsten Franz, Enterprise Architect, AOK Systems

"Building personal reputation on SCN add values and gained recognition to my career."

- Anooj Behanan, Senior SAP HANABusiness, Intelligence Consultant

"When you work with people and connect with people and have dialogues with people, it starts to build a bit of a reputation that you wouldn't build if you just stayed within your company."

- Kevin Grove, Sr SAP Basis Consultant, Connective-Talent

"I gained a lot of respect within and outside IBM thanks to my contributions in the forums. I believe it has helped me in my career. And when I attend interviews now, many times I hear that “we have no question to ask you, you know everything”."

- Ajay Maheshwari, Lead Consultant, Infosys

Join SAP Community Network Now!

See more member testimonials about Learning and Making Connections.

Check out Member Testimonial Library for all great blogs.

15 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos

After reading many articles I am still not clear about SAP and ERP. I would be glad, if any one can help me explain the concept of SAP and ERP separately. Are they both interrelated

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

ranendra.parida - Please post your queries as new discussions in the appropriate space.  You'll notice several ERP related space on the SCN Site Index or you can search for what you are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton for your suggestion Jason :smile: . If not much can you please tell me where exactly to post.

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, I wanna start with abbreviation " SAP --> System Applications and Products in Data Processing.

ERP --> Enterprise Resource Planning  like  Software product for eg: SAP, Microsoft,oracle,peoplesoft..

One more important term " ECC --> Enterprise Central Component "  . ERP was later called as ECC.

ECC has been divided ino the below types:

1)SAP R/3  Enterprise ( 4.7 x ) - Very older version, SAP planning to stop giving support.

SAP BASIS 6.20

2)SAP ERP 2004

SAP netweaver 2004

BASIS 6.40, ECC 5.0

3) SAP ERP 2005

SAP netweaver 2004s

BASIS 7.00, ECC 6.0

I hope this ll be solved ur doubts. If We are new to SAP, first few days We stuck with terms and products. After starting to work with environment, We can familiar with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranendra,

Good question, I like it. Without foundation how building can be construct.

Let me explain your queries- ERP-It's abbreviated for Enterprise Resource Planning. 

It means resources: MAN, MACHINE, MATERIAL, MONEY & METHOD. How to use these resources in an effective way so that one organization can achieve its business goal as well as smooth day to day  business process & employee satisfaction by using these 5M’s.

SAP is an ERP package which is tightly integrated with all functional modules such as SD (Sales & Distribution), FI/CO (Finance/Control), MM (Material Management), HR (Human Resource), PP (Production Planning) and many more modules. All these modules are implemented in a manufacturing company. The end user (Employee of company) works in these modules in their day to day business transaction. SAP facilitates a platform to its business partner how to use these resources in an effective and planned way.

Other ERP packages also available in market such as people soft, oracle, Baan and Siebal, but SAP is so famous because of its tightly integrated with all functional modules and having a solution for all the functional departments in an organization. It’s is abbreviated for System Application & Product.

I hope now you may clear your doubts between SAP and ERP. Your feedback is greatly accepted.

Thanks,

Regards

Soman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranendra,

Good question, I like it. Without foundation how building can be construct.

Let me explain your queries- ERP-It's abbreviated for Enterprise Resource Planning. 

It means resources: MAN, MACHINE, MATERIAL, MONEY & METHOD. How to use these resources in an effective way so that one organization can achieve its business goal as well as smooth day to day  business process & employee satisfaction by using these 5M’s.

SAP is an ERP package which is tightly integrated with all functional modules such as SD (Sales & Distribution), FI/CO (Finance/Control), MM (Material Management), HR (Human Resource), PP (Production Planning) and many more modules. All these modules are implemented in a manufacturing company. The end user (Employee of company) works in these modules in their day to day business transaction. SAP facilitates a platform to its business partner how to use these resources in an effective and planned way.

Other ERP packages also available in market such as people soft, oracle, Baan and Siebal, but SAP is so famous because of its tightly integrated with all functional modules and having a solution for all the functional departments in an organization. It’s is abbreviated for System Application & Product.

I hope now you may clear your doubts between SAP and ERP. Your feedback is greatly accepted.

Thanks,

Regards

Soman.

former_member201296
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the best platform to learn and get the best knowledge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the best platform to connect with SAPpers and get our problems solved in no time. No other place on earth better than this can give a better and quicker solution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a great platform to enhance SAP knowledge....

0 Kudos

In the wiki-world of today, community is key in driving success. Fortunately, SAP has the capacity to build a strong community surrounding a strong brand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has ERP systems better than the rest. I really admire you. You Council is good

Former Member
0 Kudos

ERP is a general architecture and comprehensive of enteprise software systems. A ERP include many modules. One is responsible for a department, has a standardized business process. And all of the modules are flexible connected. So the connection and maintenance are efficiency and little effort.

Summary, ERP helps a Enterprise has standardized business processes, and the Management covers the entire operation of the enterprises.

In addition, the integration expert systems with ERP is perfect. The expert systems is responsible for senior executives and managements.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I love SCN. It is a big opportunity to show my skills.

- Midhun VP

former_member201415
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi all,

Im very new to this community.

Im an IT guy trying to get into SAP. I need to enhance my knowledge in TechnoFunctional (MM+ABAP) side. i have the basic knowledge for the same. But i want to enhance it to become an expert. Please help me by providing the valuable links.

I will be greatly obliged.

Thanks,

Regards,

Akhilesh

former_member201415
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Somen,

It was very well explained.

Thanks,

Regards,

Akhilesh