Welcome Corner Blog Posts
Go a little bit deeper into the Welcome Corner with blog posts. Learn how to get started in SAP Community and get tips on maximizing your participation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joachimrees1
Active Contributor
Last year, what never had seemed possible, was made possible:

Merging SAP Community accounts.

https://blogs.sap.com/2023/03/15/happy-anniversary-sap-community-lets-merge-those-accounts/

Earlier, there was the thing with SAP Universal ID , and after some inconvenience (no SS0 via SAP Passport anymore), I got used to it and am happy and fine with using SAP Universal ID now.

I didn't care much about account merging back then.

But now, in the wake of SAP Community ending (right?), an being moved to SAP Groups , there was that message that we might loses content in that move:

groups.community.sap.com/t5/what-s-new/community-content-important-details-about-content-that-will-n...

This made me think again about documented professional expertise, past and present contributions to the community and control over my creative, published work.

And now I do care about account merging.

And: I seem to already have done 1 simple, successful merge.

I want to share a bit about it here.

So what I had been having for years(?) already is this:

4 Accounts that are linked to each other;
3 Of them are also part of my SAP Universal ID.

Here is the view of @Joachim.rees3 before any merging:

Pre merge view

What I did then is this:
1. Set one of my accounts as primary (P20*) - @Joachim.rees2 ;
2. Also, set a new profile picture for @Joachim.rees2 (I think having - different - pictures helps me not to confuse stuff)
3. Started the merging process , getting the other P-account (P19*) merged into it.
4.. When I looked a it today, it was done. And now the overview looks like this:

Post merge view

Seem:
- Blogs (there where just 3) where taken over
- Followers and Following was taken over
- Also (most) badges where taken over.

As of now, looks fine with me.

Best
Joachim