Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you remember the first time you heard of SAP

Ruthvik
Active Contributor

Hello Coffee Corner folks,

when was the first time you heard about or saw SAP, can you recall those early carrier days of yours? 

By Today I completed my 10 Years journey in the SAP World 

#SAPCarrier #SAPLife

Thanks & Regards
Ruthvik Chowdary
253 REPLIES 253

Nithesh1
Discoverer

For me it was one fine day when I got to know about SAP through one of my senior colleague, from that day the Interest /curiosity towards the SAP began. Till today I am learning each and every thing with the same curious which I had before, still today I am not entirely into SAP projects, trying to get into main stream

Thanks for sharing @Nithesh1 - that's the beauty of SAP Community, you can continue to be curious and learn and grow! Also share with others and give a little back. What SAP topic areas are you most interest in?

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

I am more interested in master data management or material management 

@Nitesh1 it is great to meet you. I am based in the US outside of Philadelphia. I am curious if you have experience and / or looking to get expertise in S/4HANA Cloud? Best of luck!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

HARIKRISHNAM
Explorer

The first time in my life I heard the word SAP was 2001 but activitely learned SAP in the year 2003 but got job in 2005 where SAP 4.6 C version I remmeber correctly ..Now it has been almost 22 years been in SAP world where travelled from 4.6 to Suite / S4HANA etc

0 Kudos

@HARIKRISHNAM it is great to see you in the community. I have a similar background in 1997 when I was using R/3 in my job as a supply chain manager. May I ask if you have or plan to write blogs on S/4HANA or do you answer (and of course ask!) questions? Your expertise are great and I bet many will be pleased to learn from your experience. 

Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members | SAP Community

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Yes I am planning to write blogs and answer questions on SAP HA / SAP installation etc

0 Kudos

@HARIKRISHNAM great. Keep me posted!

0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

I am not sure following the right process but not sure why I am not able to create the blog under technology blogs by SAP

Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.

All communityThis categoryBlogKnowledge baseUsersPrivate MessagesManaged tags

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

0 Kudos

Hi @HARIKRISHNAM - the reason you cannot yet write a blog post is because you are a new member of SAP Community since Wednesday. There is a wait period before a new member can write a blog post, and once submitted the blog post goes into a queue to be handled by moderators. Please also ensure that you have completed all steps within the Tour the SAP Community 2024 and not just ticked through to completion.

Thanks for joining our community! We look forward to reading your blog posts in the near future and hope you get as much back in return - which I'm sure you will!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Hello Katherine!

We have had offline chats about blog content moderation, and I wanted to share here about the 3 types of reviewers an author might encounter: moderators, owners, and curators. All content is subject to moderation; some topic spaces may have additional rules deemed by owners and/or curators. Did I get that right?

0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

yes, but the owners and curators relate to SAP Community Groups only, not the general SAP Community blog boards - so the onus is on those roles in those "spaces" to review and approve content for their group. Helps to get the right content in the right space!

0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

Good Day !!!

I dont have suffiecient permission to create the blog ..what is the process and steps to be followed before I start or create the blogs.

Thanks

Harikrishna

BattleshipCobra
Contributor

My teacher in college showed a video of "The Cult of SAP" about how people were very aligned to the brand and went to conferences (course was Organizational Behaviour 100).  At the time I didn't even know what ERP was, definitely not what SAP was.  But this stuck in my head as the first time I remember seeing the logo.  A few years later I was doing software implementations for a small company and I was "poached" by an SAP Business One partner starting up in Canada.  I didn't exactly know what I was getting into but it sounded cool.  I flew down to North American HQ and did the level II implementation consultant training and then jumped onto my first implementation.  Have been working with SAP Business One since then.