Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inviting the "Grandfathers" of SAP to participate and share

JoergHopmann
Explorer

When I joined the SAP World in 2003 there was nothing like a "Community", at least not online.

I learned the Netweaver 2004 the "hard way" which was - now looking backwards - a good starting point. Since these days the Marketplace, SDN or whatever was the name at that time, was was moved and renamed several times, my experience and knowledge remained and was growing. 

Looking at this group now I see some 13xx members. Walking through the offices worldwide in all these companies I have been, I remember many more. Thousands for me, millions in the worldwide consultants-scene. All these consultants working every day with these products, inventing, loving and sometimes even complaining about and then improving implementations, there is so much 

• knowledge
  • experience
  • last but not least "wound fingers, tired eyes and hopes" that IT* "worx"... 

It would be really helpful to share all this knowledge from the experienced consultants about their module and profession. The "do's and don'ts", anecdotes, helpful links and docs. 

I would highly appreciate to wake up more of these day to day workers not only doing their next job, waiting to retire some day, extending the contract...

... but rather and also share, participate, give and let know. Just a few pages every year only. Tiny little things which to find I needed sometimes sooo long 😞

Thx

* IT may be seen as Information Technology or the tiny litle adapter module exit you just created.

2 REPLIES 2

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thanks for sharing @JoergHopmann !! You certainly have a really good grasp of the meaning of "community" and what SAP Community is all about. Looking forward to hearing more from you. You've probably already seen some good stories and discussions being shared, for example: Can you remember the first time you heard of SAP and in our Career Corner.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

@JoergHopmann before reading your post I immediately thought of NetWeaver. When HANA came out this was a showstopper. ECC was huge and now S/4HANA, Cloud. Good stuff ...great post thanks for sharing.

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----