Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,222 REPLIES 5,222

Hello Phillip @PhillipButts and welcome to Groups!
I'm Katherine (SAP Community Advocate) from Galway, Ireland. I've never visited your part of the world - but would like to some time.

I noticed that too with your last name and looks like we need to adjust some filters - will let the team know. 

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

PhillipButts
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thank you!  We took a quick trip to Dublin in 2015 to see One Direction (for my daughter not me!) We visited the Cliffs of Moher and the Guinness Brewery among other things. Beautiful Country!

Sounds like an excellent trip. I don't live too far from the Cliffs of Moher, and you never tire of the view believe me! The Guinness Brewery is always worth a visit - SAP hired it out for us for a work celebration some years ago - for a milestone party - great fun!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

0 Kudos

Hi, @PhillipButts:

As @Katherine_K pointed out, our spam filter can be a little overzealous sometimes. We've made some tweaks, and you should be able to add your name now. Feel free to edit your comment to see if it works, and if it doesn't, we can investigate further.

Thanks!

--Jerry 

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!

PhillipButts
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Still bleeping

Sorry about that! Thanks for confirming. We'll investigate further.

All the best,

--Jerry

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!

Welcome Phillip Butts! I have re-adjusted and checking the fix here.

PhillipButts
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Testing 123 

phillip **bleep**

TamasFodor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi 👋🏽

I am Tamas from Hungary.

JurgenLootens
Participant

Hi @JurgenLootens - welcome to SAP Community - where are you from?
I'm an SAP Community Advocate from Galway, Ireland.

Feel free to check out our other Groups as well, including the location-based ones!

former_member3309
Discoverer

Hi,

I am Tanmoy Chakraborty from India and eager to share my experience of SAP with you all.

0 Kudos

Great to have you here Tanmoy @former_member3309 - you are welcome. We've great discussions taking place - like this one: New or not to the SAP Community, share your story! Feel free to get involved in a discussion or start one of your own. You might also want to check out our location-based Groups to see if there is already one for a city near you.

saurabh-333
Participant

Hello All

I am from a small hill town Tehri, in Uttarakhand state of India. And I travel to different cities, wherever my next assignment takes me.

Though I am not new to SAP Community, but I have created this account with my personal ID instead of employer provided, to track my contribution to the community and learn from other folks as I will likely change employers. I will be writing about new findings or solution implementation as and when I encounter them. Hope most of my contribution will be new things around SAP Integration Suite and Process Orchestration Topics.

Thanks
Saurabh

Great to have you here Saurabh @Former Member - new or not new! Speaking of which, you might like to take part in this discussion: New or not to the SAP Community, share your story! 
We have lots of great discussions that you can take part in - here in the Welcome Corner, and also in the Coffee Corner. If your employment will change, then you might also like to look into our Career Corner - see what's happening in the SAP ecosystem.

namita_ganame
Explorer

Hi everyone!

Hi @namita_ganame - welcome to SAP Community and Groups!

Where are you from? I'm Katherine from Galway, Ireland. Wishing you lots of great interactions here in our lovely community. Also, feel free to check out our location-based Groups to see if there is one already set up for your city!

DirkScheller
Advisor
Advisor

Hello! I am Dirk from Walldorf.

0 Kudos

hi @DirkScheller from WDF. It is great to meet you. I am based out of our NSQ office. May I ask what your role is? I work on the community team in engagement & with the influencers (Mentors & Champions)!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Hi @StephanieMarley  Nice to meet you. I am a developer in the area of ABAP Extensibility. 

@DirkScheller definitely high demand for this! Best of luck!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

brian_pf
Employee
Employee

From Potsdam, Germany

alokdyutdas
Explorer

Hi Laura,

I am from India currently living in Mainz, Germany. I will be wrting blogs on Supply Chain Planning and SAP IBP, PPDS, PP. Good to know that you are living on the other side of the river. 🙂

@alokdyutdas Hi neighbour on "the other side" and welcome to the SAP Community! Much looking forward to your blog posts. 😊

fprokopiuk
Active Participant

Hello, I'm from Poland 🙂

Welcome @fprokopiuk !

Great to have you.

What are your main SAP topics? 

Please consider joining one of our location-based group in Poland that is near to you.

Regards,

Moshe

Hi @moshenaveh

My main areas are ABAP development and integration. Thanks for the invitation!

Warm Regards,
Filip

@fprokopiuk That's great to hear!:)

I encourage you to follow the ABAP Development topic page for being notified about valuable content and engagement opportunities.

Regards,

Moshe

wilyereny
Participant

Hi @wilyereny welcome to SAP Community. Where are you from? Which is your main topic of expertise or interest?

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Cristian_Ocampo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Cristian from Colombia in south America, happy to share my knowledge and write some blogs. 

shubham_c
Participant

Hi I am Shubham from  SL India and will be writing blogs about SAP UI5.

aelghannam
Participant

Hey All,

I am Abdelrahman, but Boudy for short :D. I am originally from Egypt, but have been living in Sydney australia for over 5 years now. I just became Australian this year, which i am very proud of, as i really love this country.

SwatiBanisitti
Explorer

Hi 

Hi I am Swati from Microsoft USA and love to read  about SAP products and write blogs on some of solutions were we have used SAP.

@SwatiBanisitti this is great to hear because marketing material is great for 'what is possible', but it does not share the reality of real-life use and 'how to.' Thanks for your community engagement. 

Altarkawi
Participant

Hi all, 

I am Mohammed from Hamburg, Germany and been working with Fiori since 3 years,

Best Regards,

Mohammed

cnvergence
Associate
Associate

Hi, I'm from Gdansk, Poland

Abinathsiva
Active Contributor

Hi I am from Mysore, KA, INDIA

pratyushg1336
Explorer

Hey,

I am Pratyush from Indore, India. Hope you all are great!!

SreekanthKrishn
Contributor

Hello. S4 HANA architect and Agile Program manager here