Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,279 REPLIES 5,279

@andss1978 welcome to SAP Community. I live in the US outside of Philadelphia. SAP Community is a place where so many can get together to exchange ideas, learn together, and to engage on anything that is on one's "SAP" and "business" mind. Even people share information on their hobbies. 

Have you checked out Interest Groups | SAP Community? It is a nice place to find likeminded community members. Please JOIN groups that are interesting to you. I wish you the best and see you in the community again soon.

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

YuZhang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi, I am Yu from Tokyo,Japan.

@YuZhang it is wonderful to meet you in the community. I work in the US outside of Philadelphia. May I ask your areas of interest? You can find some great groups to 'JOIN' -

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Welcome @YuZhang - don't forget to join the Tokyo group! If you haven't done so already.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

pbist0103
Participant

I am from Planet Earth.

@pbist0103 great to meet you in the community. I live in the US - aka also on planet Earth!

May I ask you areas of interest. Definitely check out and JOIN groups that interest you!

See you here again soon!

DarshanSomaiah
Explorer

Hello All,

I'm from Bangalore and happy to be part of this community.

@DarshanSomaiah it is great to meet you in the community. There is so much going in your city around SAP. So exciting! I live in the US outside of Philadelphia. I've been working with SAP software since the R/3 days (not to date myself😁.) May I ask you solution areas of interest? Here are some Groups you may have joined already / or may want to join. Please always 'JOIN' the Group so that you always can easily stay engaged!

See you again soon in the community! 

@StephanieMarley thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, we had TechEd here and I'm just digesting the enormous information that I got and trying to visualize my career path based on SAP roadmap 😄. I didn't get a chance to travel to Philadelphia, I was in Phoenix for some time. US is a great place to be for a tech enthusiast. Even I'm in SAP since R/3 and initial SDN days when we used to get points for answers and there used to be a global leaderboard based on it. 

Thanks for asking about the interest, I'm exploring the community and part of the community you have suggested and few more.

See you soon!

jamiePower
Advisor
Advisor

Hi All, 

I am from Dublin, Ireland, looking forward to to writing blogs for SAP Products

@jamiePower nice to meet you. I am in the US outside of Philadelphia. May I ask your solution areas of interest?

Check out and JOIN:

Enjoy engaging in the community!

DanielleinaD
Advisor
Advisor

@DanielleinaD great to meet you. I am in the US working at the Newtown Square office. May I ask your areas of expertise and interest? 
Please check out and JOIN: Interest Groups | SAP Community

Afsal
Advisor
Advisor

Hey,
I am Afsal from India. Currently In Bangalore - Yeah the IT Hub called me back again with an opportunity in SAP Labs.
I am mostly (but not limited) to BTP and I will be sharing my knowledge, experience and of course my doubts and thoughts with you.

Let's get started.

@Former Member it is great to meet you. I am in the US outside of Philadelphia. I hope that you can check out Interest Groups | SAP Community and JOIN groups that are of interest to you.

You can other wonderful community members who are nearby - Bengaluru - SAP Community Groups

See you again in the community soon!

Lia_Mazmanian
Associate
Associate

Hello!

My name is Lia, and I am from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

@Lia_Mazmanian nice to meet you. I work in the Newtown Square office. Do you want to join Newtown Square - SAP Community Groups? We are due for a Stammtisch nearby the office. Maybe you want to join us. If you have a suggestion on date and/or meeting place that would be great.

If you haven't checked out yet Interest Groups | SAP Community please do so. Be sure to JOIN groups that are of interest to you. 

Christine76
Discoverer

Hi, 

SAP Integration consultant from Ukraine living in Belgium.

BR,

Christine

Hello @Christine76 welcome to SAP Community. Where do you live in Belgium? We have a local group called "Brussels" and it's for connecting the local community. But Belgium is not so huge, so you might want to join it and connect with others? Or would the Netherlands one in "s-Hertogenbosch" fit better? Either or, please don't forget to click "Join" so that you notifications on new content!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

@Christine76 it is nice to meet you in the community. Please meet SAP Champion and integration expert @PriyankaChak !

bobartley
Associate
Associate

Hello dear colleague @bobartley , from where are you tuning in? I am Svea from Germany, living close to Mannheim. You might want to check our location groups to find a group nearby where you live, to connect with other locals, may they be from SAP or even external! Don't forget to hit the "Join" button! 😊

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

AmyCWilson
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi, I'm Amy and I'm from Oakland, CA!

Hi @AmyCWilson glad you are tuning in from sunny California. I am Svea from Germany, and I live close to the larger city Mannheim. If you want to connect with others, I would like to recommend our location groups. Maybe you find a group nearby where you live! Also, the Coffee Corner is a great place for a casual chat. Check it out!

0 Kudos

@AmyCWilson hello! It is great to see you in the community!

s212um1sr
Explorer

Hi ,

I am from India and currently living in Mumbai. I focus in Sales and Distribution module along with covering work related to Revenue Recognition.

Hello @s212um1sr thanks for tuning in and welcome! We had many activities in India this year like SAP Inside Tracks and SAP Stammtisch. Even when you don't live close by the cities they have been in, it may be a great chance to connect with other people in India by joining some of the location groups - check them out here: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/asia-pacific/ct-p/asia-pacific 

PankajGupta
Explorer

Hello,

I am Pankaj and I live in Bangalore, India.

0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj @PankajGupta welcome! I would like to recommend to join the Bangalore Group  - great chance to connect with other locals! Also, subscribe to the SAP Community Event calendar so that you get updated once new events are published!

Itsalbx
Newcomer

Albert here. So, picture this: I'm casually scrolling through social media, stumble upon an SAP ad, and think, "ERP, huh? Cool, but what even is it?" Fast forward, I've just wrapped up a Udemy course on the GUI – baby steps, you know?

Now, I'm the maestro of Java, NodeJS, and front end magic. Feeling a bit like a superhero, I've decided to dive headfirst into the wild world of SAP – backend, frontend, the whole shebang. But here's the plot twist: I'm clueless on where to start, how to read the materials, and what's the deal with these certificates everyone's talking about. Zero online courses seem to spill the beans.

So, my dear comrades, spill the secrets – where do I embark on this SAP Backend quest?

Cheers, Albert 🚀

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello Albert @Itsalbx great you finally find SAP Community 😃 - this is the place you find answers to your questions.

We have our Q&A area, our blogging area and many interesting groups to join. Check out the interests groups to find the one which fits best!

Location Groups are to connect with other local peers!

Furthermore, don't forget to check our SAP Learning Journeys - also join also the SAP Learning Groups! I hope these will help you to start and learn more!

Matthias_BW
Explorer

Hi group, I am from Tuttlingen, Baden-Württemberg in Germany

Hello @Matthias_BW welcome to SAP Community. To start with, I would like to recommend the following groups:

Don't forget to click "Join" so that you get a notification once new content has been published!

Elkhawanky
Explorer

Hello,

This is Mohamed El Khawanky

I am from Alexandria, Egypt. 

Nice to meet you all. 

Best Regards,

Mohamed Elkhawanky
SAP Certified Sales Consultant – Middle East North

Hello and welcome to SAP Community @Former Member 

SAP Community is offering a lot, so let me please give you some guidance to start with. Check out and join the following groups:

Don't forget to click "Join" so that you get a notification once new content has been published!

Former Member

Hi, I'm from Munich, Germany.
I grew up in a small village near Würzburg and moved to Munich one year ago.

Hello @Former Member welcome! I would like to recommend to join our location group for Munich people: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/m%C3%BCnchen/gh-p/muenchen - don't forget to hit the "join" button! It's a great opportunity to connect with other local peers.

Also, you might want to subscribe to the SAP Stammtisch Event Calendar. Once you are subscribed, you'll get a notification when there is a new event published! Find the next SAP Stammtisch, which is a great casual event where you can meet other peers.

micnieb
Explorer

Hi all, posting this from Frankfurt / Main (Germany).

Regards, Michael

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello Michael @micnieb welcome! I would like to recommend to subscribe to the SAP Stammtisch Event Calendar. Once you are subscribed, you'll get a notification when there is a new event published! There will be an SAP Stammtisch in Frankfurt this Wednesday. It's a great casual event where you can meet other peers. Here is the RVSP option and more information: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/sap-stammtisch/sap-stammtisch-frankfurt-2023-08-november/ev-p/30... 

Aman_Jain
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I am from India