Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,254 REPLIES 5,254

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello @SunnyNag who are you and where are you from? Maybe you want to share more about you? I am Svea from the SAP Community team and I live in Germany!

You also might want to learn how to upload a profile photo or change the avatar beside your name (optional but welcomed). Don't forget to join any of the groups of your interest!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Nechry
Explorer

I'm from Switzerland

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello to Switzerland @Nechry 

Where exactly are you from in Switzerland? We have 2 location groups in Switzerland, one for St. Gallen, which is managed by @Schalti72, and one for Zürich, which is managed by Jörg Knaus. Check also all others in Europe and don't forget to join a group of your interest!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

RobertZR
Explorer

Hi, this is Robert from the US bay area. I used AI to help large enterprises optimize their supply chain. Worked with a lot of SAP customers. 

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello Robert @RobertZR welcome to SAP Community. As you mentioned you are already in AI, let me please recommend this Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Group to you. You find a lot of interesting posts about AI and you can also share what you experienced! When you join the group, you'll get notification when new content has been published.

Also, you also might want to learn how to upload a profile photo or change the avatar beside your name (optional but welcomed).

Don't forget to join any of the groups of your interest!

Misan
Explorer

Hi Laura- I'm so glad to be here. I'm Misan from Nigeria, an avid tech and business blogger who's really excited to be contributing to SAP!!

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Welcome @Misan and glad you found your way to SAP Community. I would like to check our Interest Groups and maybe there is one group for technical content, which you would like to join like the Application Development group. Connect with other while joining the group!

Sandra_Solis
Participant

Hello Laura !!

I am Sandra Solís, from Mexico, I have 10 years as abap development, my passion for programming has been rewarded, as I was one of the winners of Devtoberfest in 2022, I am here👉🥳 !  Devtoberfest Winners' Retreat April 2023 - SAP Community Groups and also, I recorded a video to maxwell for his talk "Work smarter not harder" in SAP teched 2023 Publicación | LinkedIn

I am so glad about all I have done been ABAP development.

Regards,

Sandra.

0 Kudos

Hello @Sandra_Solis great you are here and I didn't realize you are from Mexico! Do you know @MariettaLopez already? She is also an SAP Champion and based in Mexico. Feel free to connect with her 😊

Thanks for anwer !! and I will look for marietta, thank you for the recomendation 😄

cassiomenezes
Explorer

Hello to everyone!
I'm from Brazil, currently living in Uberlandia, Minas Gerais.
I have almost 30 years in the Technology Industry dealing with ERP solutions most of the time.
I'm newbie in the SAP ecosystem I'm getting to know all the SAP ecosystem.

0 Kudos

Hello @cassiomenezes welcome and great you found your way to SAP Community! It's a great place for knowledge sharing and networking, especially, when you are new in the SAP Ecosystem! 

Let me please recommend some groups to you to explore:

Prathami
Explorer

Hi, I'm Prathmesh , Currently a Final year student from Pune in Computer Sciences

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello @Prathami nice to meet you here in SAP Community. The Asia Pacific Location groups and the Career Corner might be some interesting groups for you to join. In the Career Corner you find lots of great job opportunities - maybe after you have completed your studies. Also, learn how to upload a profile photo or change the avatar beside your name (optional but welcomed).

nrutter
Explorer

tuning in from Morrison Colorado!🌎

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello @nrutter welcome and great you are tuning in from Colorado! There is no specific group for Morrison, but have you already seen our Americas Location Groups ?

What is your expertise or your main interest? I would like to recommend some groups to you to explore:

Thanks for the follow-up @sveabecker,

I am in the heavy equipment industry and am mainly interested in utilizing my current SAP implementation for managing mobile maintenance and repair operations.

Thanks again!

Nate

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing. If you have any questions around the implementation, use our Q&A Forum. There are a lot of experts out there to help 🙂

BALA_6175
Explorer

Hi All, I am Bala from India , currently living in Chennai. 

Hello Bala @BALA_6175 , nice to meet you and welcome to SAP Community.

Great you are tuning in from Chennai. Do you want to connect with other locals in Chennai? Check out our Chennai Group and don't forget to click "join" 😊

Nikhil_Nair
Explorer

Hello @Nikhil_Nair welcome to SAP Community. From where are you tuning in? I live in Germany, close to the city Mannheim. Do you know our location groups already? This is why I am asking, I would like to recommend one to you, so that you have the chance to connect with your local peers. 😏

Let me know!

RahulManchala
Explorer

Hi Everyone,

I am Rahul and I am from India.

Wishing you a warm welcome @RahulManchala - why not take a look at our India location groups? You can click on "Join Group" in any that interest you. Which part of India are you from? I visited Bangalore this year for SAP TechEd.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Batuhann
Explorer

Hello SAP Community,

Greetings from Istanbul, Turkey! 

Looking forward to hearing from others!

Best,
Batuhan Gün

Great to have you here @Batuhann - why not go over and join the Istanbul group if you haven't already done so?! Network locally with @barisguler and others and learn about local meet-ups!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

bellakong
Participant

Hei, ready to get started. 

0 Kudos

Hello @bellakong and welcome to SAP Community. Where are you from and what is your main interest? Maybe you would find an Interest Group which you could join to connect with others with the same. Also, we have some location groups from all over the world to connect with other locals. Check it out, it might be possible you find a group close to where you live!

JelisavetaN
Advisor
Advisor

Hi!

I am Jelisaveta, and I come from Serbia. I am a working student with the IBU Utilities, and I am currently doing my Masters degree at the Technical University of Munich, campus Heilbronn. 

Nice to meet you!

0 Kudos

Really cool @JelisavetaN and great you are part of the SAP world. I think the Coffee Corner and the Career Corner might be some interesting groups for you to join. In the Career Corner you find lots of great job opportunities - maybe after you have completed your studies and you don't get the opportunity to stay with SAP. Also, learn how to upload a profile photo or change the avatar beside your name (optional but welcomed).

lina_z
Explorer

hi, I am Lina, tuning in from London, UK

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello @lina_z welcome to SAP Community. What is your main expertise? You might find a an interest group here, which you could join to connect with others with the same. Don't forget to join the group, so that you'll get a notification once there is new content published!

KiranT
Explorer

Hi 

This is Kiran from Houston, TX. Also, North America's Practice lead for SAP for EAM within Utilities industry. 

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello @KiranT welcome and nice to meet you. We have some other folks from Texas in the SAP Community and there is even  a location group for Dallas. It's not Houston, but still a great opportunity to connect with others in Dallas, and join one of the next on-site events there, e.g. there is the SAP Stammtisch scheduled in Dallas. Find more information and leave your RSVP here: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/sap-stammtisch/dallas-community-12-13-23-stammtisch/ev-p/302235

(I know it's kind of far away, but by chance you are able to join or even connect with others there)

Om_Pratik
Explorer

Hello!

I am from Odisha, India. Here to share my experiences and learnings while working on SAP products, via Blogs. Happy to join this great community!

Hello @Om_Pratik nice to meet you and great you are planning to write some blog posts. Which is your main expertise? Find one of our Interest Groups  to connect with others with the same interest. Also, there are some location groups in India - maybe there is one close to where you live. Join that group and don't miss any local initiatives anymore!

TanjaHerzog
Associate
Associate

Hi everyone, 

I'm from St. Ingbert, Germany.

Welcome @TanjaHerzog - good to have you here! Which SAP topics are you most interested or expert in?
Please take a look at our interest | location | activity groups and feel free to click on "Join Group" for any that interest you!

nuthansingam
Explorer

Welcome @nuthansingam - where are you joining in from? Please take a look at our interest | location | activity groups and feel free to click on "Join Group" for any that interest you!