What's New
Stay informed about the latest in SAP Community. Explore new developments, strategy updates, and program announcements shaping the future of our community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

As work to finalize the migration continues, we need to process additional content this weekend.

To avoid flooding our members' notifications as new content comes online, we will turn off notifications – both via email and the notification feed -- on Saturday, February 3, starting between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. CET/9:00 a.m. and 11 a.m. CT/8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. IST/3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. GMT.

Notifications will be unavailable for approximately 24 hours. The rest of the site will remain operational.

We anticipate that we'll turn notifications back on again on Sunday, February 4, between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. CET/7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. CT/6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. IST/1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. GMT.

Members won't receive any notifications for content that is published during that time period between Saturday and Sunday, even after we turn notifications back on. Any content published after will trigger notifications as normal.

6 Comments
wwi
Explorer
0 Kudos

The link to essentials past recordings does not work anymore. Is there a replacement?

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to report the actions being run have finished and email notifications have been enabled.

Devraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think notification via eamail should be switched off my default. The amount of emails I received after we moved to the new platform was unbelelvable. My email notification on the old platform was off  so I presume this setting was not migrated.

@craigcmehil  The blogs are not in coronogical order. Its impossible to find the latest blogs anymore. I have noticed random order for the blogs since the migration.. The sort by "most recent" does not work properly. This is the most important feature and if it deos not work how will the content get consumed? I am currently depended on my LinkedIn feed to identify new blogs.

https://community.sap.com/t5/all-sap-community-blogs/ct-p/all-blogs

Devraj_0-1707064379296.png

BaerbelWinkler
Active Contributor

@jerryjanda 

Hi Jerry!

Belated, thanks for the heads-up! When I logged in this morning I found a lot of notfications regarding edits to old content like this random example:

BaerbelWinkler_0-1707117436887.png

At a guess, these were triggered by whatever processes needed to run over the weekend, so may have been a one-off cluttering of the notfication stream. However, is there a means to not get notifications at all for edited content? I checked in preferences but didn't see an obvious option to have these ignored?

Thanks much and cheers

Bärbel

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi, @wwi :

Sorry, I don't understand your question. What videos?

Kind regards,

--Jerry

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi, @BaerbelWinkler :

Always nice to hear from you! Considering that the username is "postmig_api_4," and the changes all happened within a 5-minute period, I am thinking you're correct -- and this was some weird glitch related to the work that happened this weekend. So I'm hoping you won't have too many experiences where your notifications got filled with "edited" content.

That being said, I'm not sure if there is a way to turn off those notifications without risking losing other notifications. For example, in your Notification Settings, there is an "Ignore posts and reviews that I've already read" box, which might stop notifications for edited content (if you've already read it), but I also fear that that box might be behind other issues related to missing notifications. We're still investigating.

I'd recommend waiting until we can learn more about what settings might be causing problems before experimenting too much. 

Kind regards,

--Jerry