Yerevan Discussions
Welcome to the Yerevan Group, the space for collaboration, expertise exchange, and building connections.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Running Day with SAP Community in Yerevan, Armenia on the 1st of June 2022

Elenmg
Explorer

SAP Community member Phil Cooley kicked off an amazing and active initiative #GlobalRunningDay which I liked so much that suggest organizing similar activity in Yerevan as well. 

On the 1st of June, #GlobalRunningDay is celebrated all around the world. SAP Community members from Germany, the UK, the US, Ireland, and many other places joined this initiative. 

Even though it's a working day and all of us have lots of important things to do, it's a great opportunity to get together for a quick and healthy run. On the other hand, for the past 2 weeks or more Armenia faced heavy rain, while the sun promises to shine even in the evening on Wednesday.

For that reason, I happily join the SAP community running challenge. (FYI, I have only run on a treadmill, so don't worry, you're not alone 🙂 ). 

Does anyone else want to join me? Below are more details of the event that is planned in Yerevan. Meanwhile, you can check some important information about this global movement:

Who can participate: All SAP Community members without any restrictions

When it'll take place: 1st June 2022 (Wednesday)

What you should do: In a best-case scenario RUN, or else walk, cycle, or hike if you can 

Which locations already joined: Melbourne, Walldorf, Mannheim, Philadelphia, Manchester, Galway.

Why this was initiated: Networking within SAP Community members combined with a run on #GlobalRunningDay.

Now the plan for Yerevan running:

• Start time: 19:00 GMT +4
  • Start point: TUMO Park (near TUMO building).
  • End Point: Tsitsernakaberd (park near the monument)
  • What's Next: Let's get together in a park for an iced coffee, tea, or a smoothie. 
6 REPLIES 6

Tsovinar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Awesome to see Yerevan join this fun #SAPCommunity activity! Thank you @Elenmg for taking the imitative and bringing #GlobalRunningDay to Armenia! 

former_member7759
Associate
Associate

It is very proudful event for us, hopefully one day all of us can come together, greetings from Istanbul.. կեցցե Հայաստան

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

That's fantastic! Don't forget to take pictures and share them! I am so curious how many runners will show up on Wednesday in Mannheim and will definitely share images, too!

Have fun 👟

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Elenmg
Explorer

And here comes the run... starting from TUMO, through green park views. The end was not as promising as the start, with an unexpected thunderstorm, wind, and rain, but as it is said, it wouldn't be fun if it was too easy. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-02 at 4.56.11 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-06-02 at 4.56.14 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-06-02 at 4.56.15 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-06-02 at 5.17.14 PM.jpeg

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

It looks very nice, nice nature. We were running in Mannheim, close to the river, it was also beautiful and the weather was sunny 🌞 running day_01062022.jpg

(it was not so stressful like I may look 😂)

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

@Elenmg The Global Running Day is back! Are you going to take part in it? 😃

https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/coffee-corner-discussions/global-running-day-with-sap-community/...