Additional Blogs by SAP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPPHIRE NOW 2018 is here – and this year, for the first time, I will be attending as President of the Digital Supply Chain and Manufacturing group at SAP. After years of being involved in the supply chain business, what I see out there today more than anything else is a world of possibilities.

With new technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), digital twin, machine learning, and blockchain, companies now have the ability to turn the classic assembly line into the digital supply chain of one. Today, SAP customers have the flexibility to deliver personalized experiences, individualized products and services, and the kinds of outcomes that customers in the digital economy crave. Today you can innovate with new business models (such as predictive maintenance or product as a service), engage your customers for long-term loyalty, and expand your reach like never before.

Join me for exciting events

To all the SAP customers out there – and to all our partners – if you’re attending SAPPHIRENOW, I am looking forward to meeting with you and learning about the supply chain opportunities you see opening up in the market.

Please join me for a wide range of exiting events at SAPPHIRE NOW. Hear how industry leaders such as Hewlett Packard Inc., PepsiCo, and Lion use leading-edge digital business planning strategies to drive supply chain transformation. Listen to Hans Thalbauer from SAP and Keith MacKenzie from Microsoft about how to manage your supply chain more effectively and consistently deliver on customer expectations. Learn how Syngenta Crop Protection AG achieved multimillion dollar inventory reductions with improved forecast accuracy and how Mon

Plan ahead

So many opportunities and only three days to see it all! To maximize the benefit you get out of SAPPHIRE NOW, if you haven’t already, please check out this events list and get the most out of your experience.

While on the floor, be sure to stop by the SAP Supply Chain booths near the Rinspeed SNAP car — a giant, autonomous "skateboard" of sorts that demonstrates the art of the possible in today’s new mobility ecosystem.

I would also be delighted if you would join me on Thursday in the Best Run Theatre. There, I will discuss the power of an end-to-end digital supply chain that incorporates design, planning, manufacturing, delivery, and operations – all supported by digital twin technology to dramatically improve supply chain visibility and flexibility.

Hope to see you there!