Application Development Blog Posts
Learn and share on deeper, cross technology development topics such as integration and connectivity, automation, cloud extensibility, developing at scale, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos

Hello,

today I have updated to the newest Eclipse-Version mars and technically all is going fine. For the new eclipse version i have generated a new workspace, that i can work with "old" version luna anymore.

Is it possible to transfer my configured system connections incl. favourite packages from the luna installtion to the mars installation? I have tried it with export/import function in eclipse file menu, but i can't find a suitable entry!

Thanks a lot for any Information.

Best regards

Martin

5 Comments
ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

why don't you use the workspace for both luna and mars version.

What happens when you just copy the workspace folder?

Regards,

Thomas.

markusschenk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

after using the "old" workspace with mars I got some problems using luna with the same workspace (not at the same time of course) so i would not recommend it if you want to use luna and mars with the same workspace.

But if you want to do so maybe two workspaces (original and a copy) will do the trick.

I do not know which plugins you have currently installed but with a clean install my connections were also missing until I installed the ADT plugins. After that and the using of the luna workspace everything was transfered and fine (connections and eclipse settings).

Best Regards

Markus

PS: Wooops, i mistook "Reply" for "Quote" :smile: .

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot for the very fast support 🙂

I copied the content from luna-workspace-folder to the new mars-workspace-Folder. After starting eclispe a message like "...your Workspace was created with an old eclipse version - would you convert ..." appears and I answerd with yes.

Now all system connections including the favourite pakages were in new Workspace! Afterwards i noticed that there are more files/folders under each system connection. The list starts with

- favourite pakage and

- systemlib

followed by new folders like

- .adt

- .settings

and files like

- .destination.properties

- .Project

- .wingui

Can I anyhow fading out this new folders/files?

The view would be more cleary, without these folders/files - because you do not need this entrys for daily work!

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Martin

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

you can filter this out via the Customize View function in the project explorer by pressing the small triangle.

Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thanks a lot for your tip!

Now it works perfectly! In the Option "Customizie View..." i have marked the Filter ".* ressources" and now all looks like perfect!

Thanks a lot for all supporters!

Best regards

Martin