Application Development Blog Posts
Learn and share on deeper, cross technology development topics such as integration and connectivity, automation, cloud extensibility, developing at scale, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raphael_almeida
Active Contributor

Motivation

When I "navigate" through another developers communities I see how they are strong in terms of open source world. Seeing this I started a digital event here in last year (can be read here) to promove this initiative.

About event

The Hacktoberfest it's a event created for encourage contributions to the open source ecosystem. It's a better way to all enhance your abilities, learn and share. This is a anual event and as name proposes, start in October. More information can be read here.

How to participate

Prerequisites (All obligatory)

• Must have a Github account and know how to use it (If you never access a github, read this);

• For all want to contribute, click here to find the available projects to contribute.

Prizes

The Hacktober team will offer for the first 50.000 developers where make 5 pull requests in October a t-shirt and I'll give a book from sap press for the user who create more pull requests in the ABAP Projects.

Pull requests are considered valid:

• Who make a valid change in one ABAP project;

• This change had a code review from the collaborators of the current project.

Duration

Until 11/31/2019.

4 Comments
mmcisme1
Active Contributor
Very cool.  I'm kind of late reading this.  And I must say I - like many of you - find myself with no time to join.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the result(s).
raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Many thanks for your time c436ae948d684935a91fce8b976e5aa7 !

Yeah, have a time is really complicated, I assume, but when you have one, participate. We need to promove this open source idea in our community.

P.S.: Tomorrow I'll publish the current ranking.

BR,

Raphael Pacheco.
former_member566586
Active Participant
Hi!

I am also trying to promote open source in the ABAP world, which is why I made this abap turtle graphics contest: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/10/12/abapturtle-make-something-pretty-in-abap-and-possibly-win-prizes/

Since a sumbission to the graphics contest requires submitting the code used to generate the image, would you consider that a "valid change in an ABAP project"?
raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hmmmmm, You got me hehehe. Yes, it can be valid.

Also, awesome project.