Application Development Blog Posts
Learn and share on deeper, cross technology development topics such as integration and connectivity, automation, cloud extensibility, developing at scale, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karl_kessler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Dear SAP customers and partners, dear ABAP developer community,

ABAP  Platform Trial 1909 is available now. ABAP Platform Trial replaces the former Developer Edition 1909. With ABAP Platform Trial 1909 we want to return to you what the ABAP developer community and many SAP customers and partners were missing for a long time: a standalone ABAP trial offering free of charge which you can use for your own educational purposes, for your own configuration and test setups and as a home for your open source projects. Over the last year, we have been in close contact with the SAP Mentors and DSAG (Sebastian Freilinger-Huber and team from AK Development) to better understand their needs and to find a way to offer the trial version again.

Like its predecessor, ABAP Platform Trial is a docker image containing an ABAP application server (ABAP Platform 1909 SP 07) running on top of the SAP HANA 2.0 database and SAP Cloud Connector. You can pull the entire image from docker hub and create a docker container from it, see ABAP Platform Trial on Docker.

ABAP Platform Trial on Docker Hub

ABAP Platform Trial is modeled as an official SAP product and therefore is delivered through a delivery program. A delivery program ensures that the product meets all SAP product and delivery standards. Special thanks to the SAP HANA team who helped us to get started and for their support during the project.

In this fast-paced world with Cloud and AI everywhere version 1909 might sound a bit like an anachronism. However, this version is still in broad use by SAP customers. It was a good starting point for our new delivery approach. We are already working on a subsequent delivery for ABAP Platform Trial 2022 (we leave out version 2020 and 2021). We plan to deliver ABAP Platform Trial for every new ABAP Platform release (version 2023, 2025 and 2027 according to the release strategy for SAP S/4HANA). In addition, we plan to update ABAP Platform Trial subsequently whenever a new SP update for ABAP Platform is released. Please note that the ABAP Platform Trial roadmap like any other SAP roadmap is subject to the usual roadmap disclaimers.

ABAP Platform Trial 1909 is a docker image and very easy to install. You need to get Docker Desktop installed on your Windows laptop or Mac. Then you open a command prompt or Terminal:
docker pull sapse/abap-platform-trial:1909
docker run --stop-timeout 3600 -i --name a4h -h vhcala4hci -p 3200:3200 -p 3300:3300 -p 8443:8443 -p 30213:30213 -p 50000:50000 -p 50001:50001 sapse/abap-platform-trial:1909 -skip-limits-check

Please make sure you have enough main memory on board (>=32 GB). The documentation readme on docker hub provides additional technical details.

Once the docker container is up and running you can log on with ABAP Development Tools for Eclipse, via SAP GUI or via SAP Fiori Launchpad, see screen shots below. Enjoy your ABAP Platform Trial 1909.

The available scope including the preconfigured scenarios are described in Julie Plummer's ABAP Platform Trial rollout blog.

ABAP Platform Trial is a team effort. Many colleagues have contributed in many ways. I would like to say a big THANK YOU to the core team:

• Ralf Henning who owns, develops and maintains (upgrade, patch) the master image,
    drives the content and test efforts

• Stephan Daub who drives the delivery program end to end

• Jakub Filak who develops the docker image and scripts for publication on docker hub

• Natalia Brik, Roman Anisovich, Irina Petrov and Derna Hetherton for their support
    around non-ABAP technical assembly

• Frank Rotter who validates our delivery tasks

• Sandra Thimme who executes the test plan

• Julie Plummer who writes the rollout information and interacts with the community

• Roland Brethauer and Matthis Langhoff for security validation and export classification

• Bettina Knauss for her CAL support

I would like to thank the SAP Mentors for their continuous engagement. Special thanks go to the following SAP Mentors for testing the image and providing their valuable feedback and input: Gregor Wolf, Wouter Lemaire, Martin Fischer and Paul Hardy.

Last but not least I would like to thank you all for your patience regarding this topic. We will keep you in the loop and should something happen unexpectedly we will brief the SAP Mentors and SAP user groups prior to the publication on external media.

Best regards

Karl

ABAP Platform Trial in Docker Desktop

ADT connected to ABAP Platform Trial

SAP Fiori app on ABAP Platform Trial

151 Comments
yinhe
Discoverer
0 Kudos
password for my login account? I am unable to log in
ralf_henning
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Have a look at  https://hub.docker.com/r/sapse/abap-platform-trial overviewpage/sapgui

Here you will find you're looking for.
ralf_henning
Advisor
Advisor
Noted. Thanks for the Info!
yinhe
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you, I saw it

galindo
Explorer
0 Kudos
That's normal, it does take some time to initialize the DB. Especially if you use it on Virtual Machine (like I do) with 16GB of RAM. Mine took circa 5 min.
galindo
Explorer
0 Kudos
Successfully run on Virtual Box 7.0 running OpenSUSE Leap 15.5. Virtual Machine: 16GB of RAM and 200GB of disk space.

You do need to install Docker and dependencies first then pull the image.

It takes some time to initialize HDB, so be patient.

Also you will need to route IPs on Virtual Box to your local machine before launching SAP GUI.
Ruthiel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
A big thank you for this!
ralf_henning
Advisor
Advisor
Don't forget to update your local hosts file:

<local host> vhcala4hdb vhcala4hdb.dummy.nodomain vhcala4hci vhcala4hci.dummy.nodomain vhcala4hcs vhcala4hcs.dummy.nodomain

->

127.0.0.1  vhcala4hdb vhcala4hdb.dummy.nodomain vhcala4hci vhcala4hci.dummy.nodomain vhcala4hcs vhcala4hcs.dummy.nodomain

hosts file on windows

Relevant to fiori scenarios
martin_eckhardt
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks to the SAP team who made this possible.
The system runs successfully with the operating system Ubuntu 20 LTS and virtualized in VMWare Workstation 15.
ansenko
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Marian

Assume it started well and something also doesn't work. I got the same situation with Apple Silicon.

But if you run 'docker ps' command it looks good:
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                            COMMAND                  CREATED       STATUS          PORTS                                                                                                                                                         NAMES
adc92cf3fc9e sapse/abap-platform-trial:1909 "/usr/local/bin/abap…" 2 hours ago Up 24 minutes 0.0.0.0:3200->3200/tcp, 0.0.0.0:3300->3300/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8443->8443/tcp, 4237/tcp, 0.0.0.0:30213->30213/tcp, 0.0.0.0:50000-50001->50000-50001/tcp, 30215/tcp a4h

I also can run rcscc_daemon after that:
docker exec -it a4h bash /usr/local/sbin/rcscc_daemon start
Starting scc_Daemon

scc_Daemon started.

But nothing works then.

SAP GUI/ Esclipt / SAP Cloud Connector (for localhost:8443 or 127.0.0.1:8443 in a browser)

the server log file /usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/vhcala4hci/trace/DB_HDB/sapstartsrv.log (as recommended by Jakub below) does not contain anything suspicious

---------------------------------------------------
trc file: "sapstartsrv.log", trc level: 0, release: "753"
---------------------------------------------------
pid 537

[Thr 274973443648] Fri Aug 4 19:21:58 2023
HistoryLog_Init: logfile (/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/vhcala4hci/trace/history.glf) already exists, check parameter
No halib defined => HA support disabled
CCMS agent initialization: WARNING: cannot recognize instance type, checking profile parameter "system/type".
CCMS agent initialization for instance type ABAP: return code 0.
CCMS agent disabled by profile parameter ccms/enable_agent = 0.
Initializing SAPControl Webservice
Root PSE verification succeeded
[Thr 275041695488] Fri Aug 4 19:21:59 2023
Auto PSE update thread started
Starting AutoRestart thread
Starting WebService SSL thread
AutoRestart thread started
Starting WebService thread
Webservice SSL thread started, listening on port 50214
Webservice SSL thread using system PKI credential
Trusted https connect via Unix domain socket '/tmp/.sapstream50214' enabled.
Webservice thread started, listening on port 50213
Trusted http connect via Unix domain socket '/tmp/.sapstream50213' enabled.

trusted unix domain socket user is starting SAP System at 2023/08/04 19:22:21

Have you made any more progress?

abo
Active Contributor

Just saw another glitch, an internal SAP URL:

Saurabh_Kabra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jakub.filak / ralf.henning

I am also facing exactly the same error on Mac M1 pro. When I use "docker ps" then I can see that container is up&running.

I also checked the HDB logs and no errors there as well.

I have tried with the following connection string in SAP Gui 7.70rev6(for mac) but none working.

conn=/H/0.0.0.0/S/3200
conn=/H/127.0.0.1/S/3200
conn=/H/localhost/S/3200

Further, when I https://127.0.0.1:50001 or https://127.0.0.1:50000 then also i dont get back any response. Can you please help us how to get this launch via SAP GUI?

Sadullah
Participant
0 Kudos
Hey MAC users, I needed to say this, probably you already did it. Use ping command to check docker running IP and OS localhost IP. If all is fine, please check permissions/firewall if any. I assume that your port numbers are correct.
ansenko
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Sadullah and guys.

I found this https://github.com/docker/for-mac/issues/2670

and it looks like this problem has a long story. So I intend to investigate this SOCKS server solution tomorrow.ChatGPT

But I'm worried it might end up taking more time than I thought.

ansenko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the attempted SOCKS proxy solution didn't yield the desired results.

Although I'm not well-versed in Linux, I made an effort to assess these services from within the VM as follow:

docker exec -it a4h bash

and then just:

😕 # curl localhost:50001
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 50001: Connection refused
:/ # curl localhost:8443
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 8443: Connection refused
:/ # curl 172.17.0.2:8443
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 172.17.0.2 port 8443: Connection refused
:/ # curl 172.17.0.2:50001
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 172.17.0.2 port 50001: Connection refused
:/ # curl 172.17.0.2:3200
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 172.17.0.2 port 3200: Connection refused

I'd really appreciate it if someone who's had success running SAP GUI or other services with this setup could give this exercise a shot.

I'm not sure whether you got the same localhost IP inside the container, but you can use this command to check:

docker inspect -f '{{range .NetworkSettings.Networks}}{{.IPAddress}}{{end}}' a4h

PING 172.17.0.2 (172.17.0.2) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 172.17.0.2: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.114 ms
64 bytes from 172.17.0.2: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.053 ms
64 bytes from 172.17.0.2: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.057 ms
64 bytes from 172.17.0.2: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.059 ms

0 Kudos
Has anyone run it successfully on a Macbook Pro M1 ???

My terminal keeps stopping at HDB: starting.
rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
This is great.

Is there any way , we could access the HANA DB directly also , and could the credentials be shared ?
TomHoepping
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi @saurabhkabrasap
Are you running on MAC M1 -> what parameters are you using docker?
-> Virtualisation Framework switched on?
--> With Quemu evaluation or new Rosetta Emulation?
--> Which storage driver are you using?

Interesting side fact, I'm not able start the HDB, it always stucks somewhere and log files are indicating that there was an error during creation of storage layer of nameserver.
But with AS Only Option, I'm able to start the application server at least.

TomHoepping
Participant
0 Kudos

jakub.filak Jakub, I'm trying to start up the container on Mac M1 using the docker/rosetta emulation to emulate an intel architecture. Right after startUp I get the following error. I've checked the container and basically only the abaptrialinit process is running. Do you have any hint for me, where I can start the investigation?
It seems that HDB Logfiles are empty/not created at this point in time.

ansenko
Explorer
0 Kudos

That's ok.

You can run: "docker ps" command and see in STATUS column something like "Up 1 min".

Now try to set up a connection with SAP GUI.

P.S. Anyway it doesn't help me start using SAP GUI, Eclipse, or HTTP clients from outside despite the fact that all services are running:

:/usr/sap/A4H/ASCS01/exe # ps -ef |cat
UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD
root 1 0 0 07:04 ? 00:00:01 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/local/bin/abaptrialinit /usr/local/bin/abaptrialinit -skip-limits-check
root 13 0 0 07:04 pts/0 00:00:00 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /bin/sh /bin/sh
root 159 1 0 07:05 ? 00:00:14 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec pf=/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile
sapadm 292 1 0 07:05 ? 00:00:47 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sapstartsrv /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile -D
root 498 1 0 07:05 ? 00:00:45 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saposcol /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saposcol -l -w60 pf=/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile
hdbadm 571 1 0 07:05 ? 00:00:24 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/sapstartsrv /usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/HDB/SYS/profile/HDB_HDB02_vhcala4hci -D -u hdbadm
a4hadm 1099 1 0 07:05 ? 00:00:49 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/sap/A4H/D00/exe/sapstartsrv /usr/sap/A4H/D00/exe/sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/A4H/SYS/profile/A4H_D00_vhcala4hci -D -u a4hadm
a4hadm 1570 1 0 07:05 ? 00:00:39 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/sap/A4H/ASCS01/exe/sapstartsrv /usr/sap/A4H/ASCS01/exe/sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/A4H/SYS/profile/A4H_ASCS01_vhcala4hci -D -u a4hadm
hdbadm 1872 1 0 07:06 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/sapstart sapstart pf=/usr/sap/HDB/SYS/profile/HDB_HDB02_vhcala4hci
hdbadm 1900 1872 0 07:06 ? 00:00:36 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/vhcala4hci/trace/hdb.sapHDB_HDB02 /usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/vhcala4hci/trace/hdb.sapHDB_HDB02 -d -nw -f /usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/vhcala4hci/daemon.ini pf=/usr/sap/HDB/SYS/profile/HDB_HDB02_vhcala4hci
hdbadm 1945 1900 0 07:06 ? 00:00:24 [hdbnameserver] <defunct>
root 4755 0 0 07:25 pts/1 00:00:02 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/bin/bash bash
root 11428 4755 0 08:09 pts/1 00:00:00 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 ./sapstart ./sapstart name=TST nr=00 sapdiahost=test
root 11431 11428 0 08:09 ? 00:00:00 [sapstart] <defunct>
root 52810 1 2 12:50 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/bin/su /usr/bin/su - hdbadm -c sapcontrol -nr 02 -function StartWait 3600 2
hdbadm 52819 52810 1 12:50 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/sapcontrol sapcontrol -nr 02 -function StartWait 3600 2
root 53014 4755 0 06:45 ? 00:00:00 ps -ef
root 53016 4755 4 12:50 pts/1 00:00:00 /usr/bin/qemu-x86_64 /usr/bin/cat cat
ansenko
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello

Here is a separate question for Mac user's issues with this topic:

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13945356/abap-platform-trial-1909-on-mbp-m1.html

Many thanks to everyone who can help with this.

BR,

A
maxx
Explorer
0 Kudos
The term "on-premise" s/b "on premises".  A premise is a proposition not a place.
TomHoepping
Participant
0 Kudos
ansenko Hi Andrii, are you sure that everything is running, if I look into the log files it seems for me that there are some errors, beside that from a process side it looks like the same.
ansenko
Explorer
0 Kudos
You're right, tom.hpping3. I found this later yesterday.

I add some logs about this in the comment to this question https://answers.sap.com/questions/13945356/abap-platform-trial-1909-on-mbp-m1.html

Unfortunately, I have no ideas how to fix it yet.
TomHoepping
Participant
0 Kudos
Yeah, right. Have the same findings and no clue how to fix this.
I've also tested to turn on rosetta 2 emulation and virtio storage drive instead of quemu for intel/x86 based images. But this leads to an error, right in the abaptrialinit init script, very early. So no sap-log files were created. Basically abaptrialinit is the only process which is running.

jakub.filak Do you have some input here for us, where to start analysing?

What I can confirm is, that the image is running using utm emulating a linux/intel machine. But bad performance compared to running the image on a native intel machine.
ansenko
Explorer
0 Kudos
tom.hpping3

What if we try to pinpoint the problem? I'm thinking that some libraries might not play nice with the M1. But here's the thing: I'm more of a functional person trying to set up a dev environment "out front," and I'm not super confident with the Basis stuff.

I found this clarification and tried to start each process manually:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPHANA/SAP+HANA+System+Down%2C+HANA+not+starting

There were only two places with HDB:
/hana/shared/HDB/global/hdb/install/support/HDB
/hana/shared/HDB/HDB02/HDB

I have some doubts that the current description corresponds to this setup but tried anyway:
:/hana/shared/HDB/HDB02 # sudo -u sapadm ./HDB start
hdbenv.sh: Host name not found out of /usr/sap/sapservices, defaulting to local physical host
hdbenv.sh: Error: Instance not found for host vhcala4hci
ERROR: SAP_RETRIEVAL_PATH missing:

I'm going to find out what it means first.
grep -rnw '/usr/sap/' -e 'SAP_RETRIEVAL_PATH'
Binary file /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sapacosprep matches
Binary file /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/libSQLDBCHDB.so matches
Binary file /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/libsapdbhdbctrl.so matches
Binary file /usr/sap/A4H/hdbclient/libdbcapiHDB.so matches
Binary file /usr/sap/A4H/hdbclient/libSQLDBCHDB.so matches
Binary file /usr/sap/A4H/hdbclient/hdbsql matches
Binary file /usr/sap/A4H/hdbclient/regi matches
Binary file /usr/sap/A4H/hdbclient/hdbkeystore matches
Binary file /usr/sap/A4H/hdbclient/node/prebuilt/linuxx86_64-gcc48/libdbcapiHDB.so matches
Binary file /usr/sap/A4H/hdbclient/pyhdbcli.so matches
Binary file /usr/sap/A4H/hdbclient/hdbuserstore matches
Binary file /usr/sap/A4H/hdbclient/install/instruntime/SQLDBC.so matches
Binary file /usr/sap/A4H/hdbclient/libodbcHDB.so matches
:/usr/sap # echo $SAP_RETRIEVAL_PATH

:/usr/sap #

On this step, I can't believe that it works on intel without this variable and doesn't on M1.

Any suggestions?
Vlad_Kustov
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Ralf,

Could you advise a password for SYSTEM user to set up a connection HDB at Eclipse. Thank you.
jakub_filak
Participant
Hi Andrea, good catch but github.tools.sap is a publicly available service.
ralf_henning
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Vladislav, should be the same as for absp login

greetings from danmark, ralf
abo
Active Contributor
"Internal" meaning that a login is required, unlike the other public repositories.
Vlad_Kustov
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you Ralf, I see sapstartsrv service has not started, this is ok?
0 Kudos
I am looking forward to when I can run it on k8s
jakub_filak
Participant
0 Kudos
I am sorry folks but running SAP HANA in an emulator in a vm in a docker does sound super fragile. However, the user for starting SAP HANA is hdbadm and not sapadm. abaptrialinit start the DB using this command:
su - hdbadm -c sapcontrol -nr 02 -function StartWait 3600 2
Peter_M
Explorer
0 Kudos
Many thanks for the efforts by the team.

Where can we find the abap trial roadmap?

More specifically, when can we expect the 2022 trial to be made available?
ansenko
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello tom.hpping3

Am I right that you made a "sandwich" like this:

Macos(M1) ->Rossetta ->Podman VM ->Fedora ->Docker ->Suse -> HanaDB

Something, as described here:

https://developer.ibm.com/tutorials/running-x86-64-containers-mac-silicon-m1/

BR,

A.
mark_angelier
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

First of all a big thanks for bringing this back!

Been playing around again for a while now since it is back. I have one minor thing which I cannot get solved. After I have shut down the container, almost never happens of course, I have issues getting it started again.

When I start it again it starts to complain FAIL process disp+work Dispatcher not running. I found a post saying it could be basically 2 things.

1 Memory

2 License

As it was runnign fine I suspect number 2. However I did put in the license and during the start it tells me it is there.

Has anyone had this as well? I have tried copying the license file in but no luck so far...

I hope someone has the golden hint here.

Thanks in advance

Mark
ekekakos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks all for this training environment. I have the following problem when I am ruining the following command.

PS C:\Windows\system32> docker run --stop-timeout 3600 -i --name a4h -h vhcala4hci -p 3200:3200 -p 3300:3300 -p 8443:8443 -p 30213:30213 -p 50000:50000 -p 50001:50001 sapse/abap-platform-trial:1909 -skip-limits-check -agree-to-sap-license

and the error

docker: Error response from daemon: Ports are not available: exposing port TCP 0.0.0.0:8443 -> 0.0.0.0:0: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:8443: bind: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

And the Docker looks as following

SAP in DOCKER

And when I run it I am getting the same error

Docker SAP Error

Can you help me how to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance

Elias

PS: I found that the 0.0.0.0:8443 is used by CLOUD CONNECTOR HOST SERVICE. How can I solve?

abo
Active Contributor
You already have some other process listening on that address/port, be that another docker container or something completely unrelated, and docker is informing you that you cannot use it more than once. Solution is finding the other usage and stopping it or changing the mapping (not sure if this will work here!)
karl_kessler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Elias,

Andrea explained the reason very well.

Please have a look in your Windows services whether a SAP Cloud Connector is running on your laptop. This needs to be stopped before running the docker container.

ekekakos
Participant
Thanks for your valuable help. I did what you are saying and everything are working perfect.
BK
Explorer
Hi, many thanks to all those who are involved to make it available. I run it on a HP EliteBook 8570w 32GB with Debian 12. Best regards. Bernd Köhn
nevigon
Participant
Thank you, Karl!

Finally, it works!

System configuration is:

Docker settings:

In my case, neither WSL nor WSL2 did not work. I upgraded my Win10 Home to Pro and enabled Hyper-V.

Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
tom.hpping3

Made it work with UTM and Debian like described here:

https://blogs.sap.com/2021/12/16/how-to-install-abap-1909-on-mac-m1-apple-silicon/

I changed the standard processor to Intel i7
TomHoepping
Participant
0 Kudos
Right. In this setup UMT emulates an intel based machine with ubuntu/docker installation.

The other approach is to run docker native on apple silicon with rosetta emulation switched on. But there I've have problems, starting the Hana DB.
Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
tom.hpping3

I had the same problem. Did not work in any case and moved to UTM.
May they address it with the next trial version
fabian93b
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi all,

first of all thank you for making the ABAP Platform Trial available again.

• Does my HP EliteBook 840 G6 with 32GB RAM, 256GB SSD and Intel I5-8365U processor fullfill the needed requirements?Seems like the processor is too weak, right?

• With the ABAP Platform Trial I am able to create own Z-Reports and even try different customizing settings?

Best Regards

Fabian
karl_kessler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Fabian,

please give it a try if you don't mind. I tested the docker image on an old Lenovo with XEON E-2176 processor and 32 GB RAM successfully. i5 is in a comparable range (depends on other factors such as clock speed etc).

It takes some minutes to come up, so please be patient, but once it is up and running (ABAP tables loaded into HANA) it works well.

Best regards

Karl
InvalidUsername
Participant
Is Restful ABAP (RAP) available on that release?
ahmetfigen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello everyone,

I set up the GUI properly, but I cannot call/see TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP function. What did I miss? Thank you in advance.
abo
Active Contributor

The boat 🙂

Seriously, that is an obsolete function and I am not surprised to see it gone in a demo system.

It is also not present in the older NPL, time to look for a real solution 🙂