Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP debugger does not show the scope

robson_soares
Participant

Hi all,

I don't know if the correct debugger´s area name is "scope", but the fact is that it isn't being displayed.

I'm not sure if this started happening after I upgraded sap gui to version 760.

Could anyone, please, tell if it is possible to enable this through some configuration?

As it is currently displayed:

The expected one:

Thanks!

Robson

13 REPLIES 13

p244500
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Thanks Nawanandana, but the link doesn't refers to sap gui debugger, look:

"This documentation describes the functionality and usage of the ABAP development tools within the ABAP core development scenario. In particular, it focuses on use cases for creating, editing, testing, debugging, and profiling development objects in an Eclipse-based IDE."

p244500
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check this option ?

debug.jpg

0 Kudos

I can see in your screenshot that you don't have the same issue as Robson, and none of the options you show can change the weird behavior that Robson and I have with SAP GUI 7.6.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have the issue with any ABAP source code inside the standard debugger? Does it work with the normal editor outside the debugger? Did you check the SAP notes?

RAF
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for me it works within 7.6.

0 Kudos

Robert,

Thanks for your answer, so now I know it's not a problem of sap gui version.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which 7.6 version please?

robson_soares
Participant
0 Kudos

sandra.rossi, thanks for your questions.

Yes, the issue is with any ABAP source code inside the standard debugger. In the normal editor it works fine.

I searched for a sap note, but found nothing, maybe I don't know what the correct term to search for. I tried "ABAP debugger scope".

0 Kudos

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, questions, adding details, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area. At the same time, the person will be informed of your comment (currently not).

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've got the same issue with SAP GUI 7.6 Compilation 1 but if I increase the width of the ABAP source control to the maximum, the scope appears at the left of "ABAP" (see below the beginning of "S"). Another person had the same issue and just said that the installation of old 7.5 solved the issue.

SAP GUI 7.6: 7600.1.0.1156 version 1902768 SP 0.

NB: I don't remember that I had this issue in 7.5. I think the widths of the elements used to fit their contents!

By the way, there's the same issue with the ABAP editor if you reduce the width of the control, by reducing the width of SAP GUI window.

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor

Robson Soares We can enable it is Options button --> Code Completion --> Enable current scope

Also noticed strange thing in your debugger screen shot, you don't have this options icon.

Are you getting this options icon in SE38 editor and not in debugger then it seems to be strange, I am looking for the options meanwhile, will update if I get it.

0 Kudos

Thanga, thank you for your answer. Before I had seen it I went back to version 750.

Anyway, if I reinstall the version 760 I will try your solution.

Thank you again!