Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADOBE form: A Cell of a table is not displaying content till the end of row.

biswajit_das6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm creating a table in adobe form which has only one column type string & also set the cell layout parameters as "Expand to fit" for the Height. But the problem I'm facing,  after few characters, its truncated &  continuing to next line , can not make the line to be extended till the end. I have attached  screenshot for the same. Please help me to extend this line to end of the row .

Thanks,

Biswajit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

biswajit_das6
Participant
0 Kudos

This problem is solved. Actually I have tried several option and did not work . So went to the interface and saw the Internal table & found table value itself was sent with a newline Char ( as this is a standard interface and fetching data from a MSS ). I just replace those newline characters & it worked.

Thank you all for your valuable inputs. These are very helpful to take me to the root of the problem.

Thanks,

Biswajit

9 REPLIES 9

Ajit_K_Panda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Biswajit Das,

Check your indent and spacing of the cell. You may have some spacing from right.

Regards,

Ajit

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Cell Setting is  Align Left.

Indents - Left 0pt Right 0 pt

Spacing

Above 0pt & Below 0pt

Line spacing single

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Instead of Table you can use a Text View to pass your data to the Adobe form, in there you can extend the width as well defined the Max Char it ca hold.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this option also but with same result.

0 Kudos

Hi Biswajit,

For flowing data we do the following, see if you might have missed any -

1) Wrap the object in subform. Make it flowed Top to Bottom. Also check repeat subform option.

2) In the object - Check - Expand to fit height wise, Allow multiple lines and check whether any character limitation checked box is checked.If yes clear  it. Also text format should be generally rich text.

- I hipe you have used Include text. In case you have used read text, check the contents of the internal table in debug mode.

BR

biswajit_das6
Participant
0 Kudos

This problem is solved. Actually I have tried several option and did not work . So went to the interface and saw the Internal table & found table value itself was sent with a newline Char ( as this is a standard interface and fetching data from a MSS ). I just replace those newline characters & it worked.

Thank you all for your valuable inputs. These are very helpful to take me to the root of the problem.

Thanks,

Biswajit

akuvinay
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue. In my table i m printing the static data with 5 columns and rows will extend depends upon no of records in internal table. Suppose for first record If having I am printing the dynamic data then it will print from 2nd column and if data is more than it should extend further to 3rd column, 4th column vice versa by removing the borders of next column (3rd and 4th columns).

Kindly provide the logic/steps how it got resolved for your issue.

Required a solution with high priority

Regards,

Vinay

0 Kudos

Thank you!.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Hello, While we're happy that you've come to SAP Community to get an answer to your question, you posted your question as a comment in an old thread.
I've converted your answer to a comment, but even so -- posting in older threads is not the best way to get guidance.
If you're looking for help, you should ask a new question: https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html.
Here are some tips to help you craft an effective question for our community: https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/welcome-corner-discussions/advice-from-sap-champions-questions-a....
I encourage you to follow this guidance, as I'd really like to see you get a solution to your problem.
I hope you find this advice useful!