Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias Table in Database View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am creating a Database View and I would like to add an Alias of table VBAP. How to achieve this?

Kindly Suggest.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont understand your question.! explain a little more

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what do you want.... do you want all the fields of vbap in your database view....if yes then make vbap as your primary table of the view and copy the fields which you want...........................

if you want to use only one tbale then create a projection view.......it is used for selecting fields from one database table only

be more specific whats the requirement

hope this post helps you.....

thanks,

tanmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I beleive you are supposed ask question about JOINs...coz Alias names used in JOINs and interfaces of OO programing

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No aliases in database views, sorry.

Thomas

GisovP
Explorer
0 Kudos

The idea behind the alias is to have one table linked more than once in a view structure. Although no alias can be created directly in a view, I managed to get a similar effect by creating a view on the table that I wanted to alias, then used the table once and the view once to get a similar effect.

ThorstenHoefer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried to use a CDS View?

0 Kudos

You cannot use ABAP database views in ABAP database views, according to the editor. So how did you manage to do that?