Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMDP_EXECUTION_FAILED error and CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB exception

vinodkidambi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ABAP Report, the CDS View Table function with AMDP class was used to fetch the data from two database tables. The report is working fine. Now, when modified the data in one database table using another report, then the existing report with CDS View is giving Error: AMDP_EXECUTION_FAILED and Exception: CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB. Please guide how to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Check the source code location from St22

2. I think you are calling AMDP method and there you are getting the call why not put a TRY CATCH and read the error message.

3. This exception in normal SQL happens with the incorrect query like column name etc. can u check. Also make sure the SELECT projection list is same as in your CDS Table Function DDL field list.

Try and see what happens. Else come back with what you hav edone in that GEtter method

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Check the source code location from St22

2. I think you are calling AMDP method and there you are getting the call why not put a TRY CATCH and read the error message.

3. This exception in normal SQL happens with the incorrect query like column name etc. can u check. Also make sure the SELECT projection list is same as in your CDS Table Function DDL field list.

Try and see what happens. Else come back with what you hav edone in that GEtter method

0 Kudos

Hi Prasenjit Bist

Thanks for your quick reply. As suggested I debugged the CDS View (with source code location from 'ST22'), found an issue in AMDP select statement, in the declared 'WHEN' statement. The issue has been resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod.