Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS ABAP 7.52 SP04 Developer Edition - Cannot Copy the ABAP files using WinSCP

simon_farrell3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've followed the instructions as per the Concise installation guide and have got stuck at the step where I need to connect to the virtual machine from windows via WINSCP. Whenever I try to connect it times out. So either I have the wrong IP address or something is blocking me.

I'm on Windows 10 and trying to connect as below :-

Hostname = 10.0.2.15

user = root

password = My password that I setup on install

I got the IP address 10.0.2.15 by following the step below :-

ip -h addr show which gave 10.0.2.15/24 so I put an entry into the /etc/hosts file as below :-

10.0.2.15 vhcalnplci vhcalnplci.dummy.nodomain

I haven't set any proxy settings up as its my own laptop for home use so I assume I don't need one.

If I try and ping 10.0.2.15 it says request timed out.........

Any help appreciated....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

simon_farrell3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have resolved this now the simple answer is that the Linux virtual machine and opensuse 15.0 install does not come with an FTP application installed. So I'm assuming that most people have done the same as I had to in the end and create a shared folder copying the files over.

I think the Linux for Newbies guide needs updating..............

9 REPLIES 9

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Witch instruction did you try to follow ?

This one ? https://blogs.sap.com/2019/10/01/as-abap-7.52-sp04-developer-edition-concise-installation-guide/

What is your virtual system ?

simon_farrell3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found another blog for Linux Newbies with more detailed information. Possibly also written by Julie?

https://www.sap.com/documents/2019/09/32638f18-687d-0010-87a3-c30de2ffd8ff.html?infl=a91c4790-21aa-4...

It mentions proxy settings but I have none so I skipped that bit and left the proxy off.

I've downloaded and installed Virtual Box 6.1 and its OpenSuse Leap 15.1 Version 64 bit

0 Kudos

You would like to use WinSCP on the Windows system hosting the Virtual System.

The first point is, how did you configure the lan at the Virtual system level (not linux, before)

G. POST - INSTALLATION SETTINGS :  NETWORK SETTINGS 

Do you also desactivate Linux firewall & activate SSH ?

11)
You need to make the following settings
Scroll down to find
Firewall and SSH:
•
Disable Firewall
•
Enable SSH service

0 Kudos

Hi, Yes, this is written by me. I removed this information because there was an issue with Virtual Box shared media (with the newest version of VBox) and some versions of Windows.

It caused serious frustration. Therefore, I do not want to include the information in the new guide.

However, I will give it consideration for the next version of AS ABAP.

Thanks for letting me know.

Best wishes,

Julie.

simon_farrell3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I made those settings although not sure how I can check now.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Firewall could be inactivate through Yast

simon_farrell3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have resolved this now the simple answer is that the Linux virtual machine and opensuse 15.0 install does not come with an FTP application installed. So I'm assuming that most people have done the same as I had to in the end and create a shared folder copying the files over.

I think the Linux for Newbies guide needs updating..............

MichaelWegelin
Explorer

Before you can use winscp, you need to forward port 22, similar as described in section

G. POST-INSTALLATION SETTTINGS: NETWORK SETTINGS

So, in the settings of the network adapter of the virtual machine, you need to add:

Name | Protocol | Host IP   | Host Port | Guest IP  | Guest Port
SSH  | TCP      |127.0.0.1  | 22        | 10.0.2.15 | 22

Then, in WinSCP, use 127.0.0.1 as IP-Address (and not the one you noted down before).

The reason is, that the host cannot communicate to the guest using NAT. Therefore you forward port 22 (the SSH port which is used by WinSCP) to the guest.

Good luck,

Michael

0 Kudos

Thank you michael.wegelin2 it is the solution and it works for me.
Oracle VM Virtual box :

WinSCP :