Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization object delivered by SAP

srinivaskasam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can I add a custom Activity (say for example "ZZ") to a Standard SAP authorization object (for example, "M_EINF_WRK")? If so, pl. let us know how to do that, we are on S/4 on prem

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In theory, you could add values to the activities managed by SAP: Table TACT, text table TACTT and table TACTZ per authorization object. But the first table is taged as 'S' System table, edited only by SAP, change = modification... ☹️

As you'd have to add the code to test this value anyway, wouldn't it be better to leave the standard unchanged and create your own authorization object under SU21?

Which "activity" do you require that doesn't exist?

0 Kudos

Thank you Raymond. As shown below I want to add ZZ activity in the below shown standard SAP auth. object, pl. let us know after adding TAXT/TACTT table do we need to follow the below 1 and 2 steps? Finally check the ZZ check box, SAVE, is these steps are correct? For some reason we can't use a custom auth object here, thanks (OR) do you have any other suggestion other than this auth. object approach, pl. let us know?
Custom activity on std. SAP auth object.jpg

0 Kudos

Those are the correct steps, but keep in mind this is a modification of system, so write some documentation for SAP updates (can, so will, remove your changes)

Be aware that

• only limited changes are allowed (check my answer at su21 - edit existing object? )
  • you have now to add some code to disable input on those field in standard logic (or use some substitution to remove changes and display a message )

0 Kudos

Thank you Raymond, just checking, do you have any other idea other than the Auth. object approach?