Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Authentication of webservice in SOAMANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to automatically authenticate the web service, but it is not happening. I have configured the web-service binding with 'No Authentication', also I have maintained the Logon data Management with credentials. But still while accessing the web service URL, username and password is coming. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Sanyam

5 REPLIES 5

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you will need to logon to your SAP system, even when you choose no authorization as profile when you access the url.

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

In the old version, I have maintained the username/password in sicf and it was working fine without asking password. Where with SOAMANAGER it is not working.

Thanks,

Sanyam Kataria

0 Kudos

Can yopu not fill in user name and password in SOAMANAGER as well ? I think so.

0 Kudos

I have filled username and password in the binding as well as logon data manager but still it is asking for password.

Thanks,

Sanyam Kataria

steinpen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

It looks like you are configuring outbound interface . Between SAP and SAP via abap connection you would not need binding info. With 3rd Party or non sap you would need binding information

- Info : binding info in the WSDL has to endpoint which the you are calling (provider system) . When mentioning 'Binding' is without saying you are going to sending to external or non SAP system ...

- DO : in SOAMANAGER -  Provider Systems  (the system name which you are going to connect) section, put in URL of WSIL or WSDL and give user name and password of user which could access sicf to validate or retrieve SOAP msg structure - This is of course the user which exists in your sap system.

- Do : in SOAMANAGER - Local Integration Scenario - configure Service Group (outbound)  and assign the provider systems which you have configured in Provider Systems section , assign the log on (see section below) - This is the steps where you could explicitly assign the logon to target system... 

- Do : Create Logon - this is the log on of the endpoint which you have defined in the WSDL