Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN - Inter-Order Relationship Creation + Scheduling

former_member600549
Participant

I need to know if the following is possible in one BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN call, though I'm pretty sure you can not do this unless you call IW70 to schedule the whole network.

• Create a relationship between 2 orders.
  • Reschedule each order so that the orders appreciate the relationship.

I realized what I'm asking for is IW70 essentially and the bapi just doesn't have the ability to do this action, let alone in one call. Right now when I pass the methods to the bapi, the relationship is created successfully, but the second order doesn't appreciate the relationship and doesn't move backwards in time.

The reason I need to do this in one bapi call is because this is for a simulation. So right before commiting anything after the bapi call, I grab the operation, order, split data, etc. from the bapi call then roll it back so it's never saved to the database table.

Here is an example. This is before the relationship is created. The order header bars are grey and the operation bars are blue.

Here is what happens when I create a finish start relationship in 'normal' mode, this depends on IW70 to reschedule the orders after the fact, notice the second order/op moved back in time.

In 'simulation' mode, doing the same thing with the bapi doesn't seem possible, which make sense that it's not possible, we create the relationship and reschedule both orders in 1 bapi call:

Is there a clever way to get around this issue, or a function module that will allow network scheduling that I don't know about? If IW70 is the only way, I don't think I will be able to replicate this in simulation module, because I can't rollback changed from a bdc call.

2 REPLIES 2

thanks for the info

0 Kudos

Regards,

Max