Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to re-use OData services within same S4 HANA on-premise system

former_member798807
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We are trying to use the OData services to extract send out data to surrounding systems, that are not having the capability to call OData.

What is the best way to call OData service within same system from ABAP. One way is to use the URL to the same system and then use : cl_http_client=>create_by_url

Is there a better way without calling the URL to the same system.

Regds,

RN

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The ABAP OData Client Proxy is the public application programming interface (API) for client applications.

OData Client Proxy - SAP Help Portal

ceterum censeo RAP esse utendam
  • SAP Managed Tags:
4 REPLIES 4

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The ABAP OData Client Proxy is the public application programming interface (API) for client applications.

OData Client Proxy - SAP Help Portal

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Thankyou for the link.

• SAP Managed Tags:

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

(1) the local odata client proxy can be used to call OData services locally. When using RAP EML would however be the better approach.

(2) Yes, the OData Client Proxy is best practice when you want to call remote OData services.

• SAP Managed Tags:

Kriti
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi @Andre_Fischer 
I have a ODataV4 Standard RAP based API which I need to consume from a ABAP program for mass creation . It is to be consumed in the same S4-On Premise system on which it is activated ( not to be called from any external system)
How can I consume it ? I did go through the link above however was not able to understand much.
The API name is - API_CENTRALREQUESTFORQUOTATION. Can you please guide here.

• SAP Managed Tags: