Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP transaction: New Button on application toolbar with BDT

bumbar
Discoverer

Hi,

the description how to enhance the "Go To" Menue in BP is in the following Blogpost:

https://blogs.sap.com/2013/08/20/enhance-go-to-menu-in-bpbusiness-partner-using-bdtbusiness-data-too...

Is it possible to enhance the application toolbar of BP transaction also? I tried it with BUS8 and BUS9 transactions and was only able to enhance the above main-menue but not the application toolbar.

I also tried to copy the GUI Status STNDDATF from BUD0 to a Z Function Group and to enhance this Status with a new function and icon but also without any results.

For hints and helps thank you very much in advance!

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

touzik_itc
Active Participant
0 Kudos
FUNCTION zbup_bupa_event_dcuac.
  cl_bus_abstract_main_screen=>gv_current_main_screen->set_status(
    iv_status_program = '...'
    iv_status_key = '...'
  ).
ENDFUNCTION

Add function module zbup_bupa_event_dcuac as event handler for event DCUAC in the transaction BUS7.

Some of *PFSTATUS_SET function modules, like CACS_CSC_PFSTATUS_SET, can be used as a template, if necessary. Method set_status schould be used here instead of SET PF_STATUS, because status can not be used with a subscreen.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since this is your first question, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with: https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, as the overview provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

By adding a picture to your profile you encourage readers to respond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bt1juWUUM Keep in mind, when you receive an answer that was helpful to you, accept it as best answer.

Best,

Your SAP Community moderator

touzik_itc
Active Participant
0 Kudos
FUNCTION zbup_bupa_event_dcuac.
    iv_status_program = '...'
    iv_status_key = '...'
  ).
ENDFUNCTION

Add function module zbup_bupa_event_dcuac as event handler for event DCUAC in the transaction BUS7.

Some of *PFSTATUS_SET function modules, like CACS_CSC_PFSTATUS_SET, can be used as a template, if necessary. Method set_status schould be used here instead of SET PF_STATUS, because status can not be used with a subscreen.

0 Kudos

I already added the dcuac FM as event handler but this call was missed:

So thank you for this hint.

Now i can see my button in the toolbar, but the other standard buttons are now not in the toolbar anymore.

Can i combine it to see them all in the toolbar?

0 Kudos

A new status should be a copy of status SCREEN_1000_1 in function group BUPA_DIALOG_JOEL with new buttons added.

0 Kudos

Thank you so much touzik_itc

This was the status i searched for and now i have my toolbar with the new button.

0 Kudos

Hi A.M.,

could you please give me some more details how you you resolved this issue (coding of the FM zbup_bupa_event_dcuac)?

Thanx for your help.

former_member1702
Participant

There are some other FMs as well:

1) FM ‘ZZAPLN_BUPA_EVNT_XCHNG’:

The custom FM was attached to the event the event ‘XCHNG’ (which is triggered to check whether Data Has Been changed). The application name used was ‘ZAPLN’.

2) FM ‘ZZAPN_BUPA_EVNT_DSAVE’:

The custom FM was attached to the event ‘DSAVE’ (which is triggered to Save Data in Database (from Local Memory)). The application name used was ‘ZAPLN’

These FMs can be used to incorporate the logic for the validations of the custom fields, the PAI and the PBO of the custom program that is attached to the View.