Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTE, BADI after document posted F-28

former_member227141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to find an enhancement at the time the document is already in database,

could you help me with that?

I tried BTE 00001030 but the info is not in BKPF, BSEG, etc.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your requirement in more detail? Why do you want to query database during posting of same document?

Thanks,

Vinod

8 REPLIES 8

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your requirement in more detail? Why do you want to query database during posting of same document?

Thanks,

Vinod

0 Kudos

According to some validations when a document is posted through F-28 I'm gonna send a .txt file with some data related to the document, and I also need to insert a row in a Z table.

Did I explain myself?

0 Kudos

Hi.

Then, I would suggest to call your logic in a UPDATE TASK Z-FM in the same BTE you are using. Update tasks are executed after the transaction commit happens. So, it ensures that posting is complete before executing your logic.

Thanks,

Vinod.

0 Kudos

I tried that but I got a dump with CALL_FUNCTION_NO_VB =/

Do I need to do something extra in order to call my Z function in UPDATE TASK?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. FM should be defined as an UPDATE FM and call should be like CALl FUNCTION 'z fm name' IN UPDATE TASK. Please change the FM attributes in SE37.

Thanks,
Vinod.

0 Kudos

Thank you so much Vinod! that solved the problem

0 Kudos

Can you please tell me which BTE from1030 have you used for this requirement I have same requirement to update custom table on posting the invoice with invoice and clearing document details. Please help me .

Please let me know if any details required

haresh_manani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hii,

Set a break point at BF_FUNCTIONS_FIND function module and then execute the transaction F-28, all
BTE's related to it will be called in the FM.

Regards,

Haresh.