Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect to the Northwind service with service consumption model on ABAP trial version?

martincoetzee
Explorer
0 Kudos

This post was originally a question about an error I was getting when trying to create the service consumption model with the metadata document for the Northwind service but it has evolved a more fundamental question:

"Can I connect to the Northwind service through a RAP service consumption model on ABAP trial version"

Original post:

I am trying to create a list report and object page report using RAP, on Eclipse with the Trial SAP ABAP version.

A list of suppliers and the object page will be the products they sell.

When I try to create the service consumption model I need to load a metadata file. I get an error:

"Multiple Schema Namespaces not supported"

I have tried to load a number of the metadata files:

(Not at the same time, each one individually just to see if there was a problem with the file.)

services.odata.org/V3/Northwind/Northwind.svc/$metadata

services.odata.org/Experimental/Northwind/Northwind.svc/$metadata#Suppliers

services.odata.org/Experimental/Northwind/Northwind.svc/$metadata#Products

All of these give the same error. Any advice info on how to resolve this issue and move forward with building my app. I have done some searches here and on google and didn't find anything useful.

Update with additional information

As an update to this question, with some screen captures from my Fiori Support Group buddy (Matt), there are two different namespaces in the metadata document for the Northwind service.

And:

I don't know how to look at the metadata document for the service bindings I created in the other RAP tutorials but as they are generated services I can only assume that they are exactly what the ABAP server would want.

So the question becomes: can I connect to the Northwind using the metadata document when creating the service consumption model? Or can it only be done through a process like creating a Fiori app with the Fiori "easy-ui5-generator"? As described here:

Display Data from the Northwind Service | SAP Tutorials

Feedback in this area would definitely help my understanding.

Regards, Martin.

1 REPLY 1

martincoetzee
Explorer
0 Kudos

andre.fischer wondering if had a comment on this?