Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case sensitive in Function Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we created the custom table and maintaining the data.we saved the data with key as case sensitive which we selected at domain level .we created custom function module in that we have written SELECT statement with where clause .when we are testing the function module in SE37 ,if i enter lower case value in the exporting parameters and after executing the F.M the input values are changing into upper case. so i am getting wrong data.please help me.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

TRANSLATE check F1 help for this. This will be useful for you

former_member589029
Active Contributor

When you test your function module in SE37 it always translates all the input into upper case. To avoid this behavior you have to check the checkbox at the top of Test Funtion Module screen that reads 'Uppercase/Lowercase'. When this flag is set the function module no longer converts lowercase into uppercase but allows for both.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi ,

But testing purpose i will select the check box in the SE37.But if It is a RFC module.I am using this fm in SAP XI.my data is comming lower case and upper case letters.for example my inputs are 'AAA' and 'aaa' .Data is saving in the data base like 'AAA' first record and 'aaa' is second record. if i pass this inputs to fm i not getting the correct output. in this two cases i am getting only "AAA" records .but hot to get the "aaa" key record data.Please help me this.

0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the reference field used for your FM interface parameter? Use your respective Z-table parameter(Case sensitive) as reference. It works.

Thanks,

Vinod.

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I have given interface import parameter reference Z-data element which is already used in the Z-table.For example In the FM

iv_name type zz_name.

zz_name is a data element and ZZ_NAME1 is domain name and where i selected the check box as lower case and upper case.

Please any one help me.

0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

Were you able to resolve this.

Regards,

Manu

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I had the similar incident. Michael Wackerbauer solution works.

I just ticked 'Uppercase/Lowercase' and I can start testing case sensitive inputs. Solved for my issue.

Thank you.

William Wilstroth