Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Century completion in classical dynpros

GeraldP
Explorer
0 Kudos

When I enter a date in an input field of a (classical) dynpro e.g. '150215' ( in Date Format TT.MM.YYYY) it will be converted to '15.02.2015'.

This works fine until the year '49'. When I trie to enter dates like '311250' this is converted into '31.12.1950'.

Is there a mechanism to move the boarder of converting  in 19.. or 20..?

The problem occurs in e.g in longterm contracts that end after 2050.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GeraldP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Now I got an answer from SAP Support

The development has  a variable solution in mind. They plan to introduce a parameter that can be defined system- und user dependent.

That sounds great.

The solution will be placed  in Note:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/421921

This Note describes the current bahaviour.

So let's wait.

5 REPLIES 5

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect this is built into SAPGUI. If you enter the date and go straight into debug, you see it is converted immediately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This logic seems to be buried pretty deep, so I don't think it's something that's configurable.

I think this is a reasonable one to raise with SAP, the logic you describe would have been defined for Y2K, and hasn't been revised since then.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos

I agree with your answer, it's origin is y2k. So I will open an incident in the MarketPlace. When I get an answer I will post it here.

0 Kudos

It behaved this way years before Y2K

Rob

GeraldP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Now I got an answer from SAP Support

The development has  a variable solution in mind. They plan to introduce a parameter that can be defined system- und user dependent.

That sounds great.

The solution will be placed  in Note:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/421921

This Note describes the current bahaviour.

So let's wait.