Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Simple Transformation to XSLT

junostarke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is there a tool that can convert a simple transformation to an XSLT program?

The initial dev started with a simple transformation and already includes the mapping, but it has to be redone to an XSLT. As the transformation includes more than 700 lines, is there an easy way to translate the transformation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope that there's a good reason to convert to XSLT, because XSLT is much slower (visible in case of high volume).

For information, if such a tool would exist, it can't convert 100% automatically because the two languages have each unique features.

My 2 cents, I doubt that such a tool exists and was shared by people.

700 lines of code is quite small according to me, you may convert it semi-automatically yourself (find/replace). In less than 1 hour it should be done (maybe ask Generative AI if your code is copyright-permitted to go through the Web).

2 REPLIES 2

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope that there's a good reason to convert to XSLT, because XSLT is much slower (visible in case of high volume).

For information, if such a tool would exist, it can't convert 100% automatically because the two languages have each unique features.

My 2 cents, I doubt that such a tool exists and was shared by people.

700 lines of code is quite small according to me, you may convert it semi-automatically yourself (find/replace). In less than 1 hour it should be done (maybe ask Generative AI if your code is copyright-permitted to go through the Web).

0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra, I noticed ST can't handle fields that are missing in the incoming XML file and wanted to see if XSLT is more flexible.