Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curosr is lost after every data entry in Eclipse ADT

NemanjaSimovic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I have, and I believe all of you have, a problem with focusing text boxes in Eclipse ADT. After first data entry I can't use Tab key or Cursor keys to move around the screen. U have to click with a mouse in order to continue populating other fields.

This is not the case in SAP GUI. There everything works flawlessly.

I have recorder a small video and placed at YouTube to show in detail what is the problem:

If anyone has a solution, that's awesome. But I believe this is a issue for ADT team.

Thanks up front for any advice.

Regards,
Nemanja

6 REPLIES 6

matt
Active Contributor

I don't have the issue with losing the cursor. It tabs fine between fields in an embedded SAPGui. Do you have a current version of Eclipse, ADT and SAPGui?

The issue you describe where you have to click twice to get focus on a field, I can replicate. What's happening is that Eclipse gets focus, but SAPGui doesn't notice until you click again. This could equally be an issue with SAPGui as with Eclipse or ADT. I think it's more likely to be SAPGui, since I've seen similar behaviour when switching between non-embedded SAPGui sessions from time to time. SAPGui doesn't always play nicely with Windows.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Just to say, 4 minutes video is too much for me to look at it and understand what you're talking about. Maybe it's the case of many other people.

I think just 2 screenshots would be enough to explain the case.

NB: is it really an issue? As an ABAP developer I always need to switch to SAP GUI for many tasks, so if you know this case doesn't work in ADT, just run it in SAP GUI.

NemanjaSimovic
Participant

Hi sandra.rossi

I'll create another video. Is 20 seconds too much? I don't have a hunch so I'm asking for advice. I had to do it like this as there in no chance to capture some dynamic behavior with screenshots. But I think it's too long indeed. 😊

I do a lot of actions by keyboard, and have a lot of sessions opened. That's the reason why I stopped using SAP GUI. Eclipse+ADT is great, and I really like it as I have much more comfort. Using SAP GUI in parallel with Eclipse would slow me down, as I couldn't debug in Eclipse when I'm running SAP GUI session.

Thanks a lot sandra.rossi for your helpful comments. 👍

Hi matthew.billingham ,

I would say that I have everything up to date:

• Eclipse: Version: 2022-12 (4.26.0)
  • ADT: SAP ABAP Development Tools 3.30.2 com.sap.adt.tools

I can agree that SAP GUI occasionally "swallows" clicks. Still it's doing far more better job than Eclipse+ADT. But that's something I could live easily with. 😊 Bigger issue is that focus loss when I have to populate several fields on one selection screen. I'm pretty much "old school" keyboard user, and I think this affects my daily performance.

Regards,
Nemanja

NemanjaSimovic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sandra.rossi ,

You were right. In present times video should be shorter, so I narrow it down to 40 seconds. I thought I could do it for less, but for me it looks it's quite impossible.

Thanks again for suggestion! Appreciate!

Regards,
Nemanja

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

In present times, in Occident, we should (I think) consume less energy, messages, Web, goods, and so on, I'd say that text consumes a lot less than screenshots which themselves consume a lot less than video 😉

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eclipse: Version: 2022-12 (4.26.0)

ADT: SAP ABAP Development Tools 3.30.2 com.sap.adt.tools

Yes, I'm on that too. What version of SAPGui are you on? I really think this is more likely a SAPGui issue than an Eclipse/ADT one.